Thread: Excellent Post re: Arming Teachers

Site Supporter

Excellent Post re: Arming Teachers

Our local school district, Fremont County 1 - Lander, WY, has been considering adoption of a district policy permitting properly vetted and trained teachers to be armed. This has engendered considerable local debate. My friend and school board member Jared Kail wrote an excellent piece explaining his support for the policy. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...AXDq6N49BwPA8w

From the Big Empty, ELN.

Site Supporter
    Well written. Thanks for sharing... I may do the same.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That is an excellent writeup.

I'm surprised there is so much opposition in Lander. OP, if you'd care to comment on the local political climate I'd be all ears.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    That is an excellent writeup.

I'm surprised there is so much opposition in Lander. OP, if you'd care to comment on the local political climate I'd be all ears.
    Wyoming is generally considered a "deep red" state with reverence for the 2nd Amendment. Jackson and Teton County are notable exceptions. Lander is also relatively conservative. However, we have a good number of residents associated with the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) who are very liberal and politically active. Many of these folks are good friends. We just agree to disagree on some issues. Best, ELN.

That is an impressively crafted argument for arming teachers. Hope the effort is successful!
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    That is a very good argument. As the author stated, it will persuade no one whose mind is closed, but would persuade anyone willing to consider the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Good stuff.

The hit rate discussion was gold.

User Tag List