Thread: King Cobra Carry

King Cobra Carry

So I had an itch for a new revolver. The King Cobra seemed interesting, decent reviews and not something I already had. My LGS had the “carry” version in stock. I thought I wanted a 3” so looked around a bit and couldn’t find one locally. So back to check out the 2”.

Long story short, I bought it. The current sale on Night Cobras is probably a better deal, but instant gratification is worth something. Shot it in the pouring rain on the way home. Need to decide it I like the gold bead, and what the proper sight picture is ( full bead or level sight). I’ve learned tat my 340 M&P likes the full dot visible.

Here’s a couple of pics with my only other Colt revo. It feels like a beefier DS with slightly better sights
    Attached Images Attached Images    

How is the trigger?

Nice trouser snake. Welcome to the new Colt Cobra Club (CCC™️).
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    How is the trigger?
    The trigger is surprisingly good. It stacks like Colt, but is much smoother than recent Rugers or Smiths I have tried. You can pull it through quickly and not notice the stack. The shape, while nice and narrow is a bit flat against the knuckle. A bit of strategic rounding would help, or I can just toughen up.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice!

Pouring rain huh? You missed all the tornadoes? Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I usually prefer a 3" also, but I got to compare a 2" and a 3" Colt Cobra and actually liked the 2" better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    So I had an itch for a new revolver. The King Cobra seemed interesting, decent reviews and not something I already had. My LGS had the “carry” version in stock. I thought I wanted a 3” so looked around a bit and couldn’t find one locally. So back to check out the 2”.

Long story short, I bought it. The current sale on Night Cobras is probably a better deal, but instant gratification is worth something. Shot it in the pouring rain on the way home. Need to decide it I like the gold bead, and what the proper sight picture is ( full bead or level sight). I’ve learned tat my 340 M&P likes the full dot visible.

Here’s a couple of pics with my only other Colt revo. It feels like a beefier DS with slightly better sights
    Only slightly better sights? That is not encouraging!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Is this a .357 on the same frame as the Cobra?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Is this a .357 on the same frame as the Cobra?
    Similar but not identical. The top strap is definitely thicker on the King Cobra, but grip frame is apparently the same.

User Tag List