Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I made a big move without consulting the hive, was it a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Serial number on a holster? Sure that’s not a model number, or model of gun?
    Wait, so my Glock isn't the 19th one to come out of Austria?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wait, so my Glock isn't the 19th one to come out of Austria?
    At your age, it might be...

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I know I was excited 20 years ago when I got the 92d kramer iwb3 ever made for my beretta 92. They’ve changed production sequences though, I have one now that says Px4C on it well at least one is a collectors item.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Getting the thumb break strap in the trigger guard seems unlikely, as it is mounted high and it is quite stiff.
    It will lose that rigidity over time. Not immediately and not all at once, but eventually. It's then you start to see issues with it falling into the holster mouth.

For concealed carry I am fine with a good friction fit alone. I understand others needs may vary, and I do have some retention holsters for certain activities. FWIW, I moved away from a thumb snap for a few reasons, including needing to toss them once the strap becomes unsatisfactory. Personally I find the ALS type holster much easier to activate at speed 100% of the time and I've yet to wear one out. I know the options with one are much more limited for that system vs a thumb strap.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    I like thumb-breaks but not all are created equal, as in all things. Use this one for my LCR when fat biking state forest behind my house:

Active retention feels pretty good when likely to hit the ground at speed. Also like it when backcountry camping. Comfort plus extra security with bonus added material over the gun.
    Who made the holster?

While reholstering, if you use your trigger finger to sweep and push the thumb break strap down the outside of the of the holster, you will avoid three common pitfalls of thumb breaks.

A) trying to reholster into a snapped holster.
    B) strap inside of the trigger guard sending a bullet down your leg.
    C) what really happens when people claim B) reholstering with your finger on the trigger.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    Who made the holster?
    It's a Bianchi model 56.

Since I’m not articulate here’s a quick demo of what I was talking about. If you trap the thumb break strap with your trigger finger, you’ll solve the real problem of finger in the trigger guard and clear the strap.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List