Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/31854/...ble-doors-roof

Photos of a test mule, but under quite a bit of cladding.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/31854/...ble-doors-roof

Photos of a test mule, but under quite a bit of cladding.

"First Photos of Real 2021 Ford Bronco Appear to Confirm Removable Doors, Roof"

So in. A really big part of the Gladiator appeal to me is a multi-use vehicle which I can have as a regular daily driver SUV, do some moderate towing, some moderate off-roading, and then still have it as a family fun vehicle which can get the top and doors yanked off in the summer and we can goof around in the back country.

BUT I'm extremely hesitant to spend Jeep money to get Fiat reliability.

If the Bronco has Ranger towing capacity, it'll be more than my 4runner, which is technically able to move my boat but barely and if I take the wrong fishing lures it's probably over the limit and feels really, really sketchy. The EcoBoost engines seem to be really proven. And if the doors and roof come off and the whole thing is fun, then why not? I probably won't buy the first year but I could totally see this as my next vehicle.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I checked out the Gladiator online. Optioned in a way that seemed reasonable to me, it was ~$48k MSRP.

Well, that didn't take long.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm sure modern materials are lighter, and these vehicles are smaller, but as the former owner of a '75 Blazer and. '71 Scout I'm not in love with removable hard tops.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    In for whenever my wife goes back to work and I can justify the expense. I know I've said this a zillion times but for me having a tow-capable, offroad-capable vehicle is actually a necessity, and if I can fit "fun" and "family hauler" into the same package I can't imagine why that wouldn't be desirable. Mostly-stock 4 door Wranglers are super common here and I imagine this will ultimately be pretty popular also.

Site Supporter
    Looking like no pop-top on the Sport?

Didn't have time to watch all... Any mention of whether they were keeping the infuriating dial controller for the transmission?
    Please baby Jesus... No!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Looking like no pop-top on the Sport?
    I think the Sport is an Escape with big fenders.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think the Sport is an Escape with big fenders.
    And that might be an all bad thing, just maybe they should call it Escape Sport instead of Bronco. Her current car is a Honda Element and it has been (continues to be) perfect for her needs. It is basically an Accord with a big box on it, but with 5 speed manual is pretty peppy. A 2.0 turbo Escape that didn't look like an Escape might be interesting.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Ain’t going to lie - I’m giddy!

The lack of offering a truly off-road capable SUV in 2005 is what took me away from Ford and being a Full Size and Bronco II owner, and made me a proud 4Runner owner.

My 4Runner isn’t slated for replacement for another 7 years so hopefully Ford will have gotten all the kinks out of this new line of awesomeness!

User Tag List