Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Site Supporter
    @rob_s, it sounds like you saw the bronco SPORT, not the bronco?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Wondering if there might be some way to idle the thing while it is still locked down, might there be some way the police with canines do it, or probably just locked with the key running. I really do not want a situation where simply breaking into the truck would mean taking the truck (and the dogs...). So getting the auto would not be a big deal, but I would prefer a simple Base model, and it is available with the auto but it looks like remote start requires upgrading, and the attractive $31k becomes $40k, but at this stage it doesn't matter because it is my understanding it is not possible to actually place an order, at this point I am just musing.
    Attachment 88394
    We had a system in our Tahoes that let us take our keys out of the ignition with the car still idling. You pushed a button on the dash which allowed you to remove the keys. It also had a kill switch on the brake pedal that turned the engine off it you pressed it so it couldn’t be put in gear. The alarm was set which locked the car. I can’t remember who made it and I don’t know what the cost was to install.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    We had a system in our Tahoes that let us take our keys out of the ignition with the car still idling. You pushed a button on the dash which allowed you to remove the keys. It also had a kill switch on the brake pedal that turned the engine off it you pressed it so it couldn’t be put in gear. The alarm was set which locked the car. I can’t remember who made it and I don’t know what the cost was to install.
    Thanks for replying, I almost tagged you!

I figured there must be such a thing, good to know I wouldn't be starting from scratch if I wanted to go looking for such.

I figured there must be such a thing, good to know I wouldn't be starting from scratch if I wanted to go looking for such.
    I just wish I could tell you who made it and what it was called.

The other thing I thought about and forgot to post is we have heat alarms in our cars that go off if the temperature rises or drops below a preset level. The lights flash, the horn honks, the back windows drop, and a fan kicks in. It also sent a text to our phone telling us there was an issue. If you leave dog’s unattended without it you’ll need to do checks on them every 15 minutes.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Any idea what trim?

I finally saw a "base model" on the road the other day. I actually didn't even realize it was a new Bronco at first. Sat there staring at it wondering what this weird little anemic looking thing was. Finally realized it was a Bronco, and then realized that I'd never seen a base model even in print/video!

2door-BASE:2-door BASE, the current Wrangler wins the looks contest IMO (doesn't hurt that this is the best looking base Wrangler ever)
    4-door $70k:4-Door $70k, the Bronco wins IMO
    I saw this ad for a truly minimal base model the other day, at a small town dealer outside of the metro area:
    Name:  34943E54-0E0D-475B-BC35-73FAEAB24CA1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  27.8 KB

Knowing that was unusually plain I looked at the window sticker:
    Name:  9D44E506-9181-4782-BFBB-FF55040C3648.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  37.1 KB

At $31k that’s kind of a cool blank canvas to fix up, but who in their right mind is gonna drop an extra $20k for the privilege of having the plainest-ass bronco ever to come off the line?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I finally saw a "base model" on the road the other day. I actually didn't even realize it was a new Bronco at first. Sat there staring at it wondering what this weird little anemic looking thing was. Finally realized it was a Bronco, and then realized that I'd never seen a base model even in print/video!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    I wonder also. These people have what seems to be a nice channel, with what is pretty much what I would like, 2 door base with a manual. They did a lift and 35" tires, IMO if you do that you might as well go for the Sasquatch at only about $7500. But he works for a lift kit company, so there is that. I think I would like stock height with about 31-32" tires, but I am not going to go rock crawling with it, I am going out in the pursuit of groceries.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/HorsinAround

2door-BASE:2-door BASE, the current Wrangler wins the looks contest IMO (doesn't hurt that this is the best looking base Wrangler ever)4-door $70k:4-Door $70k, the Bronco wins IMO
    My way of thinking is 300hp/325ftp with a seven speed manual for $32,395 is what wins for me. OTOH you can actually go to a store and buy a Jeep, and if you order they will build it, so that helps. After living with my current two vehicles I am going to have difficulty giving up turbos, and Jeep will not do theirs with a manual. But if/when they bring out their twin turbo inline six that will be sweet, it just seems right that a Wrangler would have a straight six.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    nope, I know what I saw, it was the Bronco. Wife's cousin has a sport and I just spent an entire weekend staring at it while we were camping so pretty clear about the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I saw this ad for a truly minimal base model the other day, at a small town dealer outside of the metro area:
    Name:  34943E54-0E0D-475B-BC35-73FAEAB24CA1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  27.8 KB

Knowing that was unusually plain I looked at the window sticker:
    Name:  9D44E506-9181-4782-BFBB-FF55040C3648.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  37.1 KB

At $31k that’s kind of a cool blank canvas to fix up, but who in their right mind is gonna drop an extra $20k for the privilege of having the plainest-ass bronco ever to come off the line?
    what @LOKNLOD posted is exactly what I saw.

My way of thinking is 300hp/325ftp with a seven speed manual for $32,395 is what wins for me. OTOH you can actually go to a store and buy a Jeep, and if you order they will build it, so that helps. After living with my current two vehicles I am going to have difficulty giving up turbos, and Jeep will not do theirs with a manual. But if/when they bring out their twin turbo inline six that will be sweet, it just seems right that a Wrangler would have a straight six.
    I somewhat mostly mean aesthetically, but "base" to me would be the 3.6L eTorque V6 with an auto in the Wrangler, at 285 hp vs the 2.7L Ecoboost with an auto transmission in the Bronco at 315hp.

Generally, yes, I'd rather have the extra 30 HP but for what I'd buy a 2-door offroad vehicle for (toad behind a camper, daily driver/commuter for me) I don't think I'd notice the difference.

In terms of cost, the way I'd build the two vehicles personally gets me to $42k for the Jeep, $36k for the bronco. But, as pointed out, you can buy the Jeep today. The Bronco...?

I would also buy the vehicle the way I want it, and have zero interest in "modding" a new car.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I would also buy the vehicle the way I want it, and have zero interest in "modding" a new car.
    I would mail order a set of mounted wheels and tires and be set.
    ETA: Sorta like I change sights on a new pistol.

Nearly any fleet vehicle support shop (ex: like the places that install police radios/lights, ambulance/fire servicers, etc) should be able to install this for you overnight, service volume notwithstanding. They're super common.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

File under "computer listening in on me", this video popped up in my youtube feed today. This is the base level Bronco I was talking about, similar to the one I saw on the road the other day looking rather anemic/pathetic/silly.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List