Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    One of the videos I watched on the new Broncos (sorry I don't remember which one) actually showed the shifter layout, and it had a totally separate crawler gear, aside from the 1-7.
    It's labeled as "C" and is below reverse, but then it's 1-6. It's still just a 7 speed transmission, and "C" is one of the 7.

I've driven a few older trucks where 1st gear wasn't even synchronized...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's labeled as "C" and is below reverse, but then it's 1-6. It's still just a 7 speed transmission, and "C" is one of the 7.

I've driven a few older trucks where 1st gear wasn't even synchronized...
    Ya beat me while I was editing!

Site Supporter
    I just returned from a few days camping and fishing in NE Georgia and western South Carolina. My wife and I were shocked at the number of Bronco Sports we saw. I wasn't aware that so many had actually been delivered to dealers, but they were everywhere on the roads.

The Ford Dealer in Clayton, Georgia actually had a Bronco with the Sasquatch package on their lot. We didn't get out and take a look because there was a crowd around it both times we passed by. I didn't care for the color, a dark blue, or the wheels but it wasn't horrible looking. I think the two door model, especially in something like the Velocity blue, Iconic silver or Carbonized gray, will be a good looking vehicle.

We also saw a couple of new Defenders which weren't bad looking.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    I just returned from a few days camping and fishing in NE Georgia and western South Carolina. My wife and I were shocked at the number of Bronco Sports we saw. I wasn't aware that so many had actually been delivered to dealers, but they were everywhere on the roads.

The Ford Dealer in Clayton, Georgia actually had a Bronco with the Sasquatch package on their lot. We didn't get out and take a look because there was a crowd around it both times we passed by. I didn't care for the color, a dark blue, or the wheels but it wasn't horrible looking. I think the two door model, especially in something like the Velocity blue, Iconic silver or Carbonized gray, will be a good looking vehicle.

We also saw a couple of new Defenders which weren't bad looking.
    We saw a Bronco at the Petersen Museum in LA while we were there. Yellow 2-dr with the Sasquatch package. Why didn't they go with Bigfoot? Wasn't the old monster truck a Ford (badged, anyway?) and surely there's some 80s kids who'd want that. I thought it was bigger looking in person then I thought from videos. You couldn't see inside, though. I liked the looks of it. My wife still thinks she wants one in a few years.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    We saw a Bronco at the Petersen Museum in LA while we were there. Yellow 2-dr with the Sasquatch package. Why didn't they go with Bigfoot? Wasn't the old monster truck a Ford (badged, anyway?) and surely there's some 80s kids who'd want that. I thought it was bigger looking in person then I thought from videos. You couldn't see inside, though. I liked the looks of it. My wife still thinks she wants one in a few years.
    Sasquatch is really popular right now. I see stickers everywhere and lots of tshirts with their depictions. I guess Ford just timed it right and the Instagram Overland crowd is far more likely to get excited about Sasquatch package than Big Foot, since many probably wouldn't remember or recognize the connection.
    I'm sure that Outerbanks, Wildtrak and Sasquatch all rated high with the focus groups, if they still use those.

I sent my wife a photo of a two door in the bright blue color that I found online. She really liked it.

Why didn't they go with Bigfoot? Wasn't the old monster truck a Ford (badged, anyway?) and surely there's some 80s kids who'd want that.
    Looks like there is still a Bigfoot monster truck, and it looks like they have a copywrite:

http://bigfoot4x4.com/blog/

Name:  Screenshot 2021-07-24 122521.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  14.6 KB

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/06/04/...Y-juBvn-O2A9D0

Ford dealers are still feeling the effects of the industry-wide chip shortage, and their customers aren't spared. The Blue Oval is offering a $1,000 incentive to some buyers who end having to wait to take delivery of their new car.

The rebate can be applied to most models in the lineup, including the emblematic Mustang, the 14th-generation F-150, and the outdoorsy Bronco Sport (pictured). There are notable exceptions, according to CarsDirect, including the Mustang Mach-E and the full-size Bronco off-roader.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

One local dealer has 387 orders for the new Broncos.....(not the sport)

No reason to discount anything on that.

A dealer in the nearest major town has two full size on the lot, one bright blue 4-door, and a yellow 2-door. The 4-dr is priced at "Call Dealer" and the 2-dr is priced at $72K+. WtAF?

Oddly enough, a month or so ago, I searched the entire country for a hybrid F150. There was ONE in the country - and it was listed at $99.9K. Two days later, it was gone - so SOMEONE bought it...

Site Supporter
    Finally had a chance to crawl around inside a new Bronco yesterday. I liked the interior a bit more than the 4D Wrangler and it felt a bit roomier overall. The $49k base price is simply a no for me. I didn't track what version I was sitting in. I'll try to figure that out.

With power seats, a soft top and a few extras, the MSRP was $56k.

Pass. Disappointed though.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List