Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

In theory I want something smaller, but the smaller vehicles get smaller tanks and don't use that much less fuel. Tomorrow I will be making a 650mi round trip to go retrieve a motorcycle I bought, and my greater than 500mi range means I can do just one fuel stop.

The 8ft bed is going to be handy also.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-08-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    How do you define good? I want to know why mid sized v6 suv's and trucks get the fame fuel economy as full size v8 trucks. I'd like to downsize a little so I can actually use my garage but nothing smaller thats decent gets better economy than my full size truck.
    For highway cruising the drag coefficient drives fuel economy. Big frontal area = lots o drag

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I thought it would be bigger... and had the hopes of having a secondary tow rig to get camper and boat to the lake/ocean at the same time. The bronco's rating would be pushing the limits and most likely over with boat and is out for the camper. I guess I'm back looking for a 'ho.
    The Maverick is a much more appealing "truck" to me. AWD, 5k tow rating, has a bed, fits in a garage, and cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I really like the idea but I think a 3500lb tow rating is just a deal breaker for me. For some reason I thought it'd be 5000 but maybe this was already covered and I just forgot.
    Our tow ratings are artificially downgraded compared to yours and Europe's. So if it's 3500 here in the US, it should be able to meet your requirements once the specs are released for Canada. Check out other vehicles rated for 3500 on the US market versus their rating in Canada and you'll see this in play.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Who's buying anything with a tow rating below 5K? My Toyota 4R is rated 5K and it's weak.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-08-2021 at 09:57 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Who's buying anything with a tow rating below 5K? My Toyota 4R is rated 5K and it's weak.
    Most of the small SUVs/crossovers have tow ratings in the US below 5k.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Our tow ratings are artificially downgraded compared to yours and Europe's. So if it's 3500 here in the US, it should be able to meet your requirements once the specs are released for Canada. Check out other vehicles rated for 3500 on the US market versus their rating in Canada and you'll see this in play.
    Sample of one, but that doesn’t appear to be the case here

https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs/traverse

https://www.chevrolet.ca/en/suvs/traverse

BTW, for anyone pissed off about the Bronco towing capacity, the Traverse has a 5k lbs capacity lol
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Standards may have changed, but my XJ Cherokee had a 5k rating and that, IMO, was ridiculous.

Also interesting that the Transit (unibody, I think) is significantly lower than an F-150 (on a frame) with a similar drivetrain. Mine is rated for 11.3k, I guess it is nice to have capacity, but I do not think that would be much fun. Maybe towing something across town, but i wouldn't want to travel.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Towing wasn’t a consideration when I bought my CR-V, but it’s only 1500. Next vehicle will be much more.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Standards may have changed, but my XJ Cherokee had a 5k rating and that, IMO, was ridiculous.

Also interesting that the Transit (unibody, I think) is significantly lower than an F-150 (on a frame) with a similar drivetrain. Mine is rated for 11.3k, I guess it is nice to have capacity, but I do not think that would be much fun. Maybe towing something across town, but i wouldn't want to travel.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Tow ratings are driven by:
    Engine power
    Suspension design
    Vehicle dynamics/stability
    Cooling capacity
    Braking capability

User Tag List