Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    This retro-feminine styling just has to stop. Oh, and if you're going to target the Jeep Gladiator, maybe have a body option that's, you know, a fucking pickup?
    I don't think it's aimed at the Gladiator, it's aimed at the Wrangler. The Ranger already outsells the Gladiator, no reason to cannibalize those sales. I don't really get what's feminine about it, but Daisy drove a Wrangler so maybe the whole segment is girly...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I don't really get what's feminine about it,...
    I didn't get that either.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Want one, but will stick with Toyota. Don't want to provide even a small contribution to DNC via Ford Motor Company.
    There is that. I know the a Ford Foundation is a separate entity from Ford Motor Co. but is The motor co giving to leftist organizations as well?

Not that Japan is a champion of gun rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    There is that. I know the a Ford Foundation is a separate entity from Ford Motor Co. but is The motor co giving to leftist organizations as well?

Not that Japan is a champion of gun rights.
    Sorry...was on my soapbox. Short version: Previously always bought American made vehicles even when I knew more maintenance, lower quality product, shorter service life, etc. Thought this was patriotic. Later learned unions + DNC = simpatico. Now own 0 "American" made vehicles.

WRT Japan being champion of gun rights, I loath foreign enemies much less than domestic...YMMV.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Sorry...was on my soapbox. Short version: Previously always bought American made vehicles even when I knew more maintenance, lower quality product, shorter service life, etc. Thought this was patriotic. Later learned unions + DNC = simpatico. Now own 0 "American" made vehicles.

WRT Japan being champion of gun rights, I loath foreign enemies much less than domestic...YMMV.
    Not arguing with you - just feeling your pain.

Some neat stuff. The doors are...novel? I really like front and rear locking differentials, although they're "optional", so they'll probably only be on models with $20k in upgrades. I don't care about an unlocking sway bar, who the hell is really gonna take a new truck to someplace where an unlocking sway bar is useful?

Not having a NA V8 option is as retarded as I've come to expect from the people that thought "Four Cylinder Mustang Round 2" and "Electric SUV But We're Calling It Mustang" was a good idea. Forget the amount of power it makes, I don't want a turbo engine. Not to mention this thing is absolutely hideous. This retro-feminine styling just has to stop. Oh, and if you're going to target the Jeep Gladiator, maybe have a body option that's, you know, a fucking pickup?

Very simple:

*6.5' bed
    *big-ass V8
    *modern Transmission of Many Gears
    *steel lower front bumper, steel skidplates armoring the underside
    *as many driver-controlled traction, suspension, and drivetrain controls as you can stuff in the cockpit

That's it. That's all you need to do--make something that can drive through the plow ridge at the bottom of the driveway without ripping off front fascias and tearing out wiring, with a V8 and a usable bed. Make that, sell about a billion units, call it a day.
    So, an F-150?

Site Supporter
    Who the hell is really gonna take a new truck to someplace where an unlocking sway bar is useful?
    The truck won't be new forever. Either the first owner will keep it long enough to feel comfortable taking it into those places or the 2nd one will. In either case, eventually the unlocking sway bar will be a benefit even if not immediately.

Chris

Turbo 4cyl with a 7 speed manual sounds interesting, but I'm not keen on testing the sway bar disconnect and electronic off road controls.

https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/bronco

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...features-suvs/
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I really like front and rear locking differentials, although they're "optional", so they'll probably only be on models with $20k in upgrades. I don't care about an unlocking sway bar, who the hell is really gonna take a new truck to someplace where an unlocking sway bar is useful?
    Not unlike the gun world, it’s not about reality, it’s about sales. Look at these threads alone where people say things like “yeah, I’d buy it, but it doesn’t have the 5.0”. So things like locking diffs and unlocking sway bars are useless for the kinds of driving that 99.9% of the buyers of these things are actually going to do, but you have to provide some of that shit just so he can feel gooder about it on his drive in to the office or to pick up the kids at government school.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So things like locking diffs and unlocking sway bars are useless for the kinds of driving that 99.9% of the buyers of these things are actually going to do
    Exactly why it's not my thing. I'd never use any of the cool features that make it cool and would be terrified of damaging it if I tried to.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List