Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Can you expand on this a bit?
    I want to show this to my wife. I fear she's catching Broncoitis, and the harder it is to find one, the more desirable it becomes. Just totally irrational.
    I glad firearm desires and purchases don't suffer the same ill's.
    If she’s got Bronc-coitus, you’re gonna get screwed :P
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    If she’s got Bronc-coitus, you’re gonna get screwed :P
    My line in the sand is the cure can't be allowed to be worse than the disease.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Can you expand on this a bit?
    I want to show this to my wife. I fear she's catching Broncoitis, and the harder it is to find one, the more desirable it becomes. Just totally irrational.
    I glad firearm desires and purchases don't suffer the same ill's.
    I am a Ford fan, and drive a Raptor. This felt like a light duty car with some exterior treatment to make it look like a SUV. Also, I had to pull the driver's seat way forward to make room for a rear passenger. I am hoping the real Broncos are much better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am a Ford fan, and drive a Raptor. This felt like a light duty car with some exterior treatment to make it look like a SUV. Also, I had to pull the driver's seat way forward to make room for a rear passenger. I am hoping the real Broncos are much better.
    That is to be expected as it is based on the same platform the Ford Escape uses. It is not body-on-frame like the Bronco, which shares a platform with the F150.

I'm hoping the delay is because they saw me talking shit on every single one of their Instagram posts and realized it needs a manual transfer case.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm hoping the delay is because they saw me talking shit on every single one of their Instagram posts and realized it needs a manual transfer case.
    Except that it doesn’t.

That’s one of those silly, anachronistic, out-dated, pretty much useless “wants” that generally only come from people that are never going to be a buyer anyway.

It’s one of those funny intersections between guns and cars: people have all sorts of “needs” they post on the internet about things they are never going to buy anyway. Often because they can’t afford them.

On a RAM page I’m on some choad was wingeing about the TRX not having this and not having that. No way in hell homie was a buyer at even half the current MSRP.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    So, the few I’ve glanced on the road were likely Sports, not “real” Broncos?
    100% Sports. The “real” Broncos have not been released and the release date continues to be pushed back.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Except that it doesn’t.

That’s one of those silly, anachronistic, out-dated, pretty much useless “wants” that generally only come from people that are never going to be a buyer anyway.

It’s one of those funny intersections between guns and cars: people have all sorts of “needs” they post on the internet about things they are never going to buy anyway. Often because they can’t afford them.
    It does if you actually use it like it's marketed. Most people just want the image though and will never actually go wheeling. I'm not one of those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This felt like a light duty car with some exterior treatment to make it look like a SUV.
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    That is to be expected as it is based on the same platform the Ford Escape uses.
    My wife is due for a new vehicle but she just cannot decide what she wants to replace her 2009 Honda Element (5 speed manual!) and we have been looking at these. I made a big promise to myself to STFU and let her get whatever she wants without my interference this time. That said, I sure think one of these might fit our fleet (F-150, Focus ST) nicely. I think the only problem is it not available in six speed manual and it is called "Bronco", and most people will probably initially encounter one with the 1.5L triple and go meh. IMO it is more like a rally car, and the 2.0L has 250hp with 277fp and the eight speed auto has paddle shifters. If you compared it to other unibody offerings (that sell a buttload) it would be a pretty nice build sheet, but they went and called it a Bronco so people are going to be inclined to compare it to a Bronco, go figure!

IMO it makes sense to expand on the success of the Escape, I think it is their second highest unit volume after F-series (I really think there should be an Escape ST as well). It also seems like Ford is sprinkling the press fleet into more off road events and they are doing well with the kind of terrain we would subject one to (like sand two-track in Michigan). There was a C&D article I cannot find where two of the woman staff members participated in some guided tour that wasn't exactly hard core, but we would not be rock crawling my wife's daily driver. I hope she might choose one, but I am keeping my mouth shut this time, for once...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    My wife is due for a new vehicle but she just cannot decide what she wants to replace her 2009 Honda Element (5 speed manual!) and we have been looking at these. I made a big promise to myself to STFU and let her get whatever she wants without my interference this time. That said, I sure think one of these might fit our fleet (F-150, Focus ST) nicely. I think the only problem is it not available in six speed manual and it is called "Bronco", and most people will probably initially encounter one with the 1.5L triple and go meh. IMO it is more like a rally car, and the 2.0L has 250hp with 277fp and the eight speed auto has paddle shifters. If you compared it to other unibody offerings (that sell a buttload) it would be a pretty nice build sheet, but they went and called it a Bronco so people are going to be inclined to compare it to a Bronco, go figure!

IMO it makes sense to expand on the success of the Escape, I think it is their second highest unit volume after F-series (I really think there should be an Escape ST as well). It also seems like Ford is sprinkling the press fleet into more off road events and they are doing well with the kind of terrain we would subject one to (like sand two-track in Michigan). There was a C&D article I cannot find where two of the woman staff members participated in some guided tour that wasn't exactly hard core, but we would not be rock crawling my wife's daily driver. I hope she might choose one, but I am keeping my mouth shut this time, for once...
    The one I drove felt underpowered, the headlights kept squawking at me each time I shut down, and there are these odd fins that stick up on the hood. More power definitely would have changed my impression, although I would like to have the sticker that read "my other Bronco is a warthog."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List