Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Don't know. 2 door so not a Sport, with 17 or 18" wheels and a Banks Turbo badge on it. I'll take a pic the next time I'm there. First one I've ever seen. He's had it for a month or so.
    Never made it back to that restaurant to get a pic.

They seem to be in the outback and people are testing the off road durability. Breaking down like everything else out there. Parts might be a problem.

Check out Eric, the Jonathan Winters of the off road recovery celebs. He can weld also which increases his employment opportunities in St. George UT.

https://youtu.be/N12rTe1HICA?t=295
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-01-2022 at 08:59 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

We plan to order a two door Black Diamond when they start taking orders again. Decided to get an auto to make it easier to deal with being old people that want to bring their dogs everywhere. Will not be as neat as the 7-speed, but probably realistically better (will still get the 2.3L, plenty for what we want).

MrsMMc still loves her Honda Element, so continuing to use it for 9-18mo really isn't a problem, probably fits better with our financial (retirement) planning.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’m in the FL panhandle doing beach stuff with the fam and new Broncos are everywhere. Not sure if rich folks were the first to jump on orders or everyone drove theirs to the beach, but there’s more here than back home. I counted three just on this street loop of the neighborhood we’re staying in.

There’s a two door Sasquatch and I have to say it looks really good.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Has anyone driven a Wildtrak? I'm not sure I can go without having a truck, but I'm still somewhat tempted by the Bronco.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Has anyone driven a Wildtrak? I'm not sure I can go without having a truck, but I'm still somewhat tempted by the Bronco.
    Not the Wildtrack. This is my wife’s Outer Banks. We are loving it. No off-road use other than the beach, but fun to drive and a good break from driving a regular SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan9 View Post
    Not the Wildtrack. This is my wife’s Outer Banks. We are loving it. No off-road use other than the beach, but fun to drive and a good break from driving a regular SUV.
    That’s the exact trim I’d go for.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Timely. FB reminded me that today is the one year anniversary of one of my best days ever. Rented Rubicon, [URL="https://www.nps.gov/places/shafer-trail-viewpoint.htm"]Shafer Trail[/]
    We’re headed home today from our first “Jeep trip” through NM-CO-UT-CO. Remembered this because we did Shafer/Potash first in Moab. Those switchbacks are killer!
    Got tons of pics and vids, this was at the overlook of the Potash ponds.
    Name:  BB2ED832-8E51-43E8-A6BC-7AA01C43AEAA.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  84.5 KB

Lots of fun stuff on the trip - even crashed/lost our drone
    IG @Capns.log is were I post all our goofy travel stuff. Or @LOKNLOD is my normal account where my wife tags me in the good pictures
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I saw a new Ford Bronco yesterday. The guy wanted to race me. I was in my Z06. I’ll leave the rest up to your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    We plan to order a two door Black Diamond when they start taking orders again.
    Just read this article that says unless you have a standing reservation you will not be welcome to place a 2023 order. Not really sure how that does, or does not effect us. We tend to decide what we want, rather than shopping for stuff like this. Probably depends on how soon MrsMMc gets more tired of driving her Element.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Just read this article that says unless you have a standing reservation you will not be welcome to place a 2023 order. Not really sure how that does, or does not effect us. We tend to decide what we want, rather than shopping for stuff like this. Probably depends on how soon MrsMMc gets more tired of driving her Element.
    Yup, I posted that a little while back when I saw it leaked elsewhere earlier. The expectation is the order banks will open to new customers in the back half of the year, but exactly when is dependent on reducing backlog.

A lot of the backlog is likely to disappear as dealers are requiring deposits now that Ford is penalizing them for customer orders that don't go to the ordering customer once they exceed a certain percentage. I don't know how prevalent it is, but some people ordered one at 4-5 different dealerships just planning to take whichever one came in first. I doubt they do the same with the deposit system in place.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List