Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Many a new model car is difficult to acquire, says this wanna be C8 owner.
    Yea. They are. Including parts to fix the older ones. Toyota has 20,00 of a certain break rotor on back order nationally.
    Hell I cant keep up with the demand of catalytic converter that are being cut off any high riding vehicle that you can shimmy under with a battery operated saw zaw

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    ....who here is going to lift a minivan and put some 35s on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Check out pictures of overlanding vans. People are definitely doing it. Some of them are even minivans.
    I may have mentioned before, but I think many folks here might find Expedition Portal to be a nice rabbit hole:
    https://expeditionportal.com/

There are forums and classifieds, here is a little tease:

Name:  Stuff Like This.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  57.7 KB

A bunch of auto "journalist" videos dropped today on Youtube regarding the Bronco.

Here's one if anyone is interested:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I couldn't get through more than 5 minutes of that video, was there anything worth hearing in it.

I'm still confused about the manual transmission, it looks like its only available on the 2 door but I've seen others say its in 4 doors as well.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I couldn't get through more than 5 minutes of that video, was there anything worth hearing in it.

I'm still confused about the manual transmission, it looks like its only available on the 2 door but I've seen others say its in 4 doors as well.
    Right now it's only with the 2 doors with the base motor. Ford originally said it would be available with the Sasquatch package eventually as well, and "maybe" in other configurations besides base motor/2-dr depending on take rate.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I was able to build a 4 door Black Diamond edition with the 2.3/7mt in the Ford build configurator website. I would love a base Sasquatch 4d with the 7mt.
    Last edited by DpdG; 07-16-2021 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Autocorrect errors
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    I prefer a manual transmission. In fact, my current car is only the second automatic I've had as a daily driver since college, other than a few years driving a company car. I test drove the manual Wrangler 4-door a few years ago and absolutely hated the transmission. From the feel of the clutch to the gearing. It worked better for me starting in 2nd from a stop.

While I'm hoping the Bronco's manual is better, I'm remaining a skeptic until I can drive it.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I test drove the manual Wrangler 4-door a few years ago and absolutely hated the transmission. From the feel of the clutch to the gearing. It worked better for me starting in 2nd from a stop.

While I'm hoping the Bronco's manual is better, I'm remaining a skeptic until I can drive it.
    Is 1st not a crawler/granny gear in the Wrangler? My last manual truck, a dodge 1/2 ton 4x4, had a crawler first so unless you were getting a lot of weight moving or were off-roading, 2nd was the 1st gear. 1st gear would have the motor screaming before you hit 10mph.

The Bronco 7 speed definitely has a crawler 1st.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

My first was a 5 speed manual s10 and I've been thinking of going back to a manual, but it seems the ranger, colorado, tacoma, etc have all dropped it.\

But I fear the 2 door bronco may be a little too small.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Is 1st not a crawler/granny gear in the Wrangler? My last manual truck, a dodge 1/2 ton 4x4, had a crawler first so unless you were getting a lot of weight moving or were off-roading, 2nd was the 1st gear. 1st gear would have the motor screaming before you hit 10mph.

The Bronco 7 speed definitely has a crawler 1st.
    One of the videos I watched on the new Broncos (sorry I don't remember which one) actually showed the shifter layout, and it had a totally separate crawler gear, aside from the 1-7.

ETA: I just reviewed some pics, and it looks like the numbers are 1-6. So my guess is the crawler is probably the true 1st gear, and "1st" gear is probably actually the 2nd gear and so on. At least they're letting people know what to start in!
    Last edited by Balisong; 07-16-2021 at 12:23 PM.

User Tag List