Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise delivers the stunts in “the making of” whatever sequel we are up to now

Tom Cruise delivers the stunts in “the making of” whatever sequel we are up to now

Amazing, really. I’ve always gone hot and cold on the the guy’s persona, but I respect his work ethic immensely. I hope I move half as well as Cruise when I hit 60!

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/e...mpossible-ep-1
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Does he actually have a persona?
    He is/was in scientology.
    He's three feet tall.
    He was married to that Dawson's Creek cutie and jumped around on a couch...
    That's all I got.
    And yeah, he brings it. He doesn't phone anything in.

Hat's off to him for even attempting 90% of that stuff.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Uhhhhh……… Dianetics…….emeter……Thetan?

Site Supporter
    It's a cool flick.

Like him or not, he has to be the hardest working actor in Hollywood.

Site Supporter
    The action was excellent, especially the bridge scene in the train cars. But, there wasn't anything special about what could have been an interesting story. Maybe Ving will bring the story next installment?

+1 for Tom not phoning it in... Not even my younger, reckless 20-something me would do much of that stuff.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Edge of Tomorrow is probably my favorite Tom Cruise movie. I tell people who say they hate Cruise then watch it and watch him die repeatedly

Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Edge of Tomorrow is probably my favorite Tom Cruise movie. I tell people who say they hate Cruise then watch it and watch him die repeatedly
    Great movie...

The only movie I "hated" him in was Reacher.... After reading all the books, he doesn't come close to what Reacher looks like in my minds eye... definitely impacted my opinion of him in the movie.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I flew with a guy who had worked for Tom for many years as one of his pilots. According to him Tom is one of the hardest working most genuine people out there. Always took great care of his workers and never pushed his religion. Pretty much refuted everything the tabloid press says of him.

The man has certainly grown as an actor and perfected his craft along the way. As a young actor I didn’t care much for him, today I look forward to his movies.

User Tag List