Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    With the understanding there's no governing body for this sort of thing
    I was calling my pickup a camión (truck), and my Colombian Spanish tutor told me that I was wrong. Even if there's no governing body, the idea transcends language and culture.

PS-calling it by model name (Tacoma) would clear things up, using the shorthand Taco would not.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

If I ever try my hand at standup, a fair portion of the bit will be how minivans are now called cross overs. They still have a rear hatch but theres no sliding door. They're the same size, and pumpkin spice moms cant get their hands on one in gray fast enough to make it to soccer practice.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Tomorrow I will be making a 650mi round trip to go retrieve a motorcycle I bought, and my greater than 500mi range means I can do just one fuel stop.

The 8ft bed is going to be handy also.
    Mission Accomplished.

Was just a little over 600mi, I started with whatever was in the tank and topped off the first time I peed, and with 36gal didn't have to worry about fuel again.

It would have fit with the tailgate closed, but I do not like to drive with the Bakflip flipped up against the back window (for very far), and my one negative on the item is I think it might have picked up some water weight from sitting outside (too long for garage) and it is a royal PITA to take off (just two bolts, but weighs a ton, and is awkward). So I just left the steel targets and racks and toolboxes where they live and left the tailgate down.

I do wish I had the ten speed, I got just under 16mpg for the trip, and it really is not a realistic factor but I wish I could say it got 19-20.

My wife is shopping to replace her 2009 Honda Element, and it would be nice to have something like the Maverick so we didn't have to use the long truck all the time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mmc45414; 07-10-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Tow ratings are driven by:
    ... Braking capability
    Yeah, hence my skepticism on the 5k rating on my XJ, damn thing was lucky to stop itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    If I ever try my hand at standup, a fair portion of the bit will be how minivans are now called cross overs. They still have a rear hatch but theres no sliding door. They're the same size, and pumpkin spice moms cant get their hands on one in gray fast enough to make it to soccer practice.
    Maybe I'm out of touch, but I've never been in a crossover that is anywhere near as big inside as a minivan, nor are minivans lifted like crossovers. Two totally different vehicle types, to me.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Maybe I'm out of touch, but I've never been in a crossover that is anywhere near as big inside as a minivan, nor are minivans lifted like crossovers. Two totally different vehicle types, to me.
    Thank you. My never to be performed standup will now have witty counter points to this (which I don't have yet), and I'll use a silly voice ala Jim Gaffigan when making your points.

Site Supporter

Yeah, Crossovers are more like station wagons or hatchbacks (depending on how big the crossover is). They are just mildly lifted and have AWD. Not that there's anything wrong with lifted station wagons and hatchbacks, you just have to know what you've got.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If it looked like a modern IHC Scout it was a Bronco. If it looked more like a slightly updated Land Rover Discovery, it was a Sport. Removable top - Bronco, non-convertible = Sport.

See: https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...el-difference/
    It could have been the Sport. But I'm not going to swear to it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Thank you. My never to be performed standup will now have witty counter points to this (which I don't have yet), and I'll use a silly voice ala Jim Gaffigan when making your points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Yeah, Crossovers are more like station wagons or hatchbacks (depending on how big the crossover is). They are just mildly lifted and have AWD. Not that there's anything wrong with lifted station wagons and hatchbacks, you just have to know what you've got.
    So now that it's on everyone's mind....

....who here is going to lift a minivan and put some 35s on it?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    So now that it's on everyone's mind....

....who here is going to lift a minivan and put some 35s on it?
    Check out pictures of overlanding vans. People are definitely doing it. Some of them are even minivans.

User Tag List