Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Was your issue with the CVT based on reliability, or design? I had a CVT in a Nissan Murano, and I thought it was cool how you could accelerate at a constant RPM. I know reliability was a serious issue though, and for that the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.
    My 2015 CRV had a CVT that puked at 102k, right out of warranty. The 2015 and 2016 model years had major CVT issues.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The problem with the Escape was transmission reliability which at that time was terrible. (2019 6 speed) It was the most fun to drive but the seats were uncomfortable. Everything else had a CVT which was horrible to drive. The CX5 got lower mileage because of the automatic but to me it didnt matter because the CX5 was so quiet, more luxurious and drove better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Was your issue with the CVT based on reliability, or design? I had a CVT in a Nissan Murano, and I thought it was cool how you could accelerate at a constant RPM. I know reliability was a serious issue though, and for that the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My 2015 CRV had a CVT that puked at 102k, right out of warranty. The 2015 and 2016 model years had major CVT issues.
    I’ll stick with my automatic transmission ‘05 Accord, thank you very much.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Yea we ended up buying my mom a 2020 CX5. It's great for her, except a girl ran into her and ruined the tailgate 6-8 months ago and it took forever to get parts in to fix it.
    My friend's daughter had a minor front-end collision in her '15 Accord last summer and he just got it fully repaired in the past month or so.

Everything is fucked up.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I’ll stick with my automatic transmission ‘05 Accord, thank you very much.
    When I was shortlisting new vehicles, no CVT was an absolute requirement.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My wife has a 2015 CR-V. It has had CVT problems. They did some factory authorized repairs but it was never fixed. I still hear some strange sounds coming from the transmission. Pretty annoying for a car that only has 85K on it. She won't be buying another Honda.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have to admit, this is starting to appeal to me more and more. Discussing with MrsMMc the potential of ordering one and stubbornly waiting until they build what we asked for (2 door, 2.3L), even if this takes 9-12mo it is not really a problem. When we eventually get it if she likes it we sell the Element, if she doesn't like it we sell the Focus ST. If she likes it but wants something different when we retire in a few years I take it over and sell the car. We are constantly driving around on local trips in the long ass truck because the dogs (just brought in a second one) frequently tag along, it would be more room for them in the back of a Bronco. And the truck is great, until you pull into a parking lot, would be better to have something more nimble. Plus we will need the truck for towing, would be nice to not be racking up miles going to the store.

But both the cars are manual (ETA: recently a manual Element sold on BaT for $17.5k...) and it would be nice to get the seven speed, if no reason other than being fun to drive. But one feature of the truck is that we can remote start it when it is warm outside but not too hot to leave the dogs at home. Wondering if there might be some way to idle the thing while it is still locked down, might there be some way the police with canines do it, or probably just locked with the key running. I really do not want a situation where simply breaking into the truck would mean taking the truck (and the dogs...). So getting the auto would not be a big deal, but I would prefer a simple Base model, and it is available with the auto but it looks like remote start requires upgrading, and the attractive $31k becomes $40k, but at this stage it doesn't matter because it is my understanding it is not possible to actually place an order, at this point I am just musing.

And I am not sure I would get Sasquatch, and I am not sure I would ever actually take the doors and roof off, but this rendering does tune my fork...

Name:  Roof Off.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  65.9 KB

The owner of a café we frequent has a new Bronco. It sits in the parking lot everyday. I've looked it over and the styling gets a big thumbs up from me. They did a pretty good job in recreating the original Bronco. Those get restored a lot around here, Jeeps, not so much.

The engine may be garbage but they'll get that fixed soon enough. That kills sales real fast and nobody wants a reputation like that. I bought a new Dodge pickup years ago that left me hating Dodge pickups. Never bought another one. That was a long time ago.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The engine may be garbage but they'll get that fixed soon enough.
    The 2.7 has the problem, not sure if it is identical to the 2.7 in the F-150. The 2.3 I would want I am pretty sure is identical to the version in the Ranger, and they have a pretty established track record.

ETA: But unfortunately the 2.7 has the higher take rate...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The owner of a café we frequent has a new Bronco. It sits in the parking lot everyday. I've looked it over and the styling gets a big thumbs up from me. They did a pretty good job in recreating the original Bronco. Those get restored a lot around here, Jeeps, not so much.
    Any idea what trim?

I finally saw a "base model" on the road the other day. I actually didn't even realize it was a new Bronco at first. Sat there staring at it wondering what this weird little anemic looking thing was. Finally realized it was a Bronco, and then realized that I'd never seen a base model even in print/video!

2door-BASE:2-door BASE, the current Wrangler wins the looks contest IMO (doesn't hurt that this is the best looking base Wrangler ever)
    4-door $70k:4-Door $70k, the Bronco wins IMO
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List