Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    You know, there are probably plenty of things I don't know about the Element, because I never owned one or anything, so I have no particular ability to judge.

But I always thought it was a shame when they cut those out of production; they seemed like a great little machine.
    My wife would testify with ya! It is a 2009 that we bought in 2010 with 9k on it (must have been somebody's spare vehicle) and it has been paid off for years and she is only now just starting to maybe consider getting something else to get paid off before we retire (Bronco is one of the considerations, and maybe even the BS). The back seats fold up against the wall, and they fold back flat to create an extended sleeping surface, her driver side stays folded up to leave room for cargo (she is in the printing business) and the other side stays folded flat with dog bed on it (we still haven't folded it back up since we took him on his final ride a few weeks ago ).

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Syrup Actual View Post
    I'm still kind of sorry they stopped making them, even though I never saw myself buying one.
    Yup, and that was not just you, I think the year they quit they only built 17k units, the same year I think they did 220k CRVs on the same platform.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We currently own a 2006, 2016 and 2018 4Runner. They are reliable, have great resale value and hold a bunch of stuff.

However, Toyota seriously needs to start investing in the 4Runner, as opposed to having the same product for ten years. Looking at our 2018, the technology (blue tooth, no Apple Car Play, no blind spot monitoring) sucks, there is almost no place to lay your phone, the cup holders suck (too few and every time we lift our Yeti, the rubber insert comes out with the Yeti), the gas mileage sucks, the engine is too small, and there is no heated steering wheel.

Toyota needs to get with it.
    2020s have all the ADAS stuff and Apple/Android/etc. mobile device interfaces.

It looks like a bunch of people bought '19s and then either are out of work or traded them in on '20s with the new electronics. A LOT of '19s available around town right now. I'm thinking Ima be shopping.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I like the look of this accessory.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    One example: Body seams on underside of vehicle. The seams on many cars are tack welded. If you are lucky the OEM gives a hoot they and will seal these with some high strength sealant. Most of the time this is applied like a 5 yr old plays with mud--splashed up or like the underside of the car/truck was hit with a gooey IED. On the 4runners I've had (4 of them) the underside seams are sealed. Yet the sealant is applied in a manner that looks like a journeymen welder's stacked dimes. On the Tundra its applied in a neat line in what looks like a single pass. I've also noticed differences in wiring neatness, steering wheel, and dashboard speakers.
    My Tacoma has likewise impressed me with the build quality, layout, and ease of maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I like the look of this accessory.

My late model pickup runs great, but I'm digging the new Broncos. I keep telling myself not to be a beta tester for the first model year.

I really like the new Bronco concept but between problems experienced with the first year of the new Explorer and additional dealer markup, I think will be waiting a year or so before exploring the Bronco seriously. My wife tells me that an Army Green 2020 TRD pro 4Runner would hold her over until then!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Anybody have any updates here? The wife is seriously considering one of these.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    If she does, please let us know if one of the "goat modes" is "slow-speed police chase."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I've only seen 2 of the Sport models in person. Briefly chatted with the owners. Both of them were very happy.

Have not seen the full-size, but the Sports looked a lot like a Land Rover
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The Bronco (not sport) is delayed due to chips.

FoMoCo is far more concerned with F series.....

The supply general chain is not likely to be up to speed for a year.

ETA. would not EVER recommend first year of ANY vehicle or completely re-done vehicle (ie. 2021 F-150) At least according to every service writer, service manager, or technician I have ever spoken to.
    Last edited by Navin Johnson; 05-08-2021 at 09:38 AM.

User Tag List