Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

We are in Utah visiting national parks. Jeep’s and the like everywhere.

I saw two Bronco Sport models, one in a campground where I could have asked the driver about it but didn’t.

I like them better in person, but wouldn’t buy one.

Still passively interested in a “real” model, but like many have said probably not for another 2 years dues to supply chain and first year issues.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Still passively interested in a “real” model, but like many have said probably not for another 2 years dues to supply chain and first year issues.
    Amd if you decided you wanted one today it might take that long to get one anyway.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bronco Sport is essentially a gussied up Ford Escape. It has unibody construction and is not a serious contender for offroading. Apparently there was a spat between a auto blogger and Ford because the Sport overheats when pushed in 4wd. It should be easy to find the details if anyone is interested.

I like the look of the "real" Bronco but will wait a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The Bronco (not sport) is delayed due to chips.

FoMoCo is far more concerned with F series.....

The supply general chain is not likely to be up to speed for a year.

ETA. would not EVER recommend first year of ANY vehicle or completely re-done vehicle (ie. 2021 F-150) At least according to every service writer, service manager, or technician I have ever spoken to.
    Truth^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    The Bronco (not sport) is delayed due to chips.

I'm sure that the chip shortage isn't helping the matter, but I've heard two sources say that the supplier for the Bronco top panels is having an issue addressing leaks. One was a company employee and the second was one of the Motortrend guys (Jonny Lieberman) on a recent podcast. Apparently the leaks are bad enough that it has put a hold on the press fleet vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    I'm sure that the chip shortage isn't helping the matter, but I've heard two sources say that the supplier for the Bronco top panels is having an issue addressing leaks. One was a company employee and the second was one of the Motortrend guys (Jonny Lieberman) on a recent podcast. Apparently the leaks are bad enough that it has put a hold on the press fleet vehicles.
    The last generation wranglers had the same problem. The soft tops did not leak but all of the hard tops did. Lot attendant's at car dealerships job on Monday mornings was to drain the Wrangler floor pans

Sectional hardtop roofs appear to be difficult due to the flex and movement to keep them from leaking. I believe the new wranglers are much much better.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Interesting about the roofs. I hope they correct that.

My five year plan involves no major vehicle spend. I'm hoping that sometime 2026-2028, an off-lease Bronco will be an option.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I ended up with a Bronco Sport rental car a few days ago. Distinctly underwhelmed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I ended up with a Bronco Sport rental car a few days ago. Distinctly underwhelmed.
    Can you expand on this a bit?
    I want to show this to my wife. I fear she's catching Broncoitis, and the harder it is to find one, the more desirable it becomes. Just totally irrational.
    I glad firearm desires and purchases don't suffer the same ill's.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

So, the few I’ve glanced on the road were likely Sports, not “real” Broncos?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List