Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Bronco aimed at the Jeep Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's for my wife and while she can allegedly drive a manual she doesn't want one.
    A familiar story in our home as well.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm starting to suspect big dealers leave the Broncos up on their website once sold on purpose to fish for your contact info. Only one of the 'sold' ones I looked at has been removed, and that's the small town dealer that I originally contacted.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Wife placed an order for an 4D Outer Banks, Lux Package, On Demand 4WD, 2.3L last night.

We have a PF member who owns a Ford dealership 2 hours from me, this place never fails to amaze.

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Wife placed an order for an 4D Outer Banks, Lux Package, On Demand 4WD, 2.3L last night.

We have a PF member who owns a Ford dealership 2 hours from me, this place never fails to amaze.
    Best of luck. Ford is supposed to shut down ordering soon given the backlog. Out of curiosity, what was pricing?

Site Supporter
    Best of luck. Ford is supposed to shut down ordering soon given the backlog. Out of curiosity, what was pricing?
    MSRP to the penny. I knew I wasn't going to get a deal with the supply/demand, just needed a trustworthy dealer who won't jack up the price now or when it comes in.

Lurking on various forums, it seems to me that Gladiator buyers are happier with their purchase than Bronco owners. I don't know how much some of this is heightened expectations from long waits/lack of availability, how much is first model year bugs, and how much is people buying the hot new thing vs really knowing what they are getting. Much more complaining on Bronco forums, though, FWIW.

When people buy with emotion they are more likely to be disappointed.

No one who works on cars would ever recommend buying any manufactures first year of a big upgrade/overhaul let alone a brand new model. ( I do business with about 30 dealerships both sales and parts departments).

It seems the supply problem has even created more than usual demand. One local dealer is getting 15k up on walk ins. Many local dealers are MSRP for a non allocation order. (The harder something is to get the more people want it) If it were not for the chip problem there would likely be 30+ Broncos sitting on every lot right now with big discounts.

These are not limited production vehicles if one pays much over MSRP they will be buried in the car in 2-3 years when the market is likely to be "normal".

Be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    When people buy with emotion they are more likely to be disappointed.

No one who works on cars would ever recommend buying any manufactures first year of a big upgrade/overhaul let alone a brand new model. ( I do business with about 30 dealerships both sales and parts departments).

It seems the supply problem has even created more than usual demand. One local dealer is getting 15k up on walk ins. Many local dealers are MSRP for a non allocation order. (The harder something is to get the more people want it) If it were not for the chip problem there would likely be 30+ Broncos sitting on every lot right now with big discounts.

These are not limited production vehicles if one pays much over MSRP they will be buried in the car in 2-3 years when the market is likely to be "normal".

Be patient.
    I can't imagine anyone buying a Gladiator or a Bronco without emotion in the equation. They aren't appliance-mobiles.

Lurking on various forums, it seems to me that Gladiator buyers are happier with their purchase than Bronco owners. I don't know how much some of this is heightened expectations from long waits/lack of availability, how much is first model year bugs, and how much is people buying the hot new thing vs really knowing what they are getting. Much more complaining on Bronco forums, though, FWIW.
    Can I ask what forum? I’d like to read up, the hazard of being an analyst.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Can I ask what forum? I’d like to read up, the hazard of being an analyst.
    https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/

vs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/

mainly

User Tag List