Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple, classic pocket folder

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'll try to find out.
    When you do, you should buy a pair, and put a night cobra between them. Maybe take another photo...

Last edited by Totem Polar; 07-15-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I’ve been planning on picking up a Buck 110 (3.75”) or 112 (3”) auto for quite some time.

Attachment 40193

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    When you do, you should buy a pair, and put a night cobra between them. Maybe take another photo...

I'm waiting on a reply from Ken. As to the other, unlikely given that revolvers hold a very specific niche for me. Basically for walking around home and walking distance from home. The 642-1 has been pretty much perfect in that regard, though I still get tempted by the M&P 340 when I allow my mind to wander off its lead.

I used to carry the 686+ every now and again but it's been gathering dust for a while now. Shame, really. One of these days I'll break it out of captivity. Probably once the weather cools down.
    Last edited by blues; 07-16-2019 at 07:53 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Beautiful revolver & grips are fantastic. Any idea on grip maker?
    @Willard

Here's the info I got back from Ken this morning about the gun and the grips to the best of his recollection:

I racked my brain last night on the grips and I THINK they are Eagle finger groove grips that I modified. I cut them even shorter , right up to the bottom of the frame. Being a third series (1973 to 1986) the grip frame is not full length. I also had to deepen the clearance cut for the speed loaders I used at the time. As a side note this revolver was originally nickel plated. I wore it up against my skin in my waist band. The nickel had frosted on that side . I then bead blasted the entire revolver and applied a baked on matte black firearm finish, bobbed and checkered the hammer and installed the grips. I have a Wisconsin ccw and to this day the Colt rides along. I have owned it since 1984. Probably way more info than you wanted! Lol
    I mistakenly thought that was one of Ken's dad's guns. He was a police officer and passed a few years ago. I remembered that Ken had some of his revolvers...some he held on to and some he sold...and I thought this was one of them.

As you can probably tell, I'm very proud of Ken. He is not only a supremely gifted knife maker and former gunsmith, but one of the best people one could ever hope to call a friend.

A recent picture of Ken:

Name:  ken erickson turkey.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  102.2 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Went by a local shop listed on the Buck Knives site today at lunch. He had a bunch of Case inventory. May be going with a Case Mini Copperlock instead.

If anyone is interested in a full-size Copperlock with P-F orange G10 scales, http://www.bayoucityknives.com/ He actually discontinued his relationship with Case awhile back, but has a bunch of inventory remaining, mostly special editions, etc. If he had a Mini in P-F orange, it would be in my pocket now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Went by a local shop listed on the Buck Knives site today at lunch. He had a bunch of Case inventory. May be going with a Case Mini Copperlock instead.

If anyone is interested in a full-size Copperlock with P-F orange G10 scales, http://www.bayoucityknives.com/ He actually discontinued his relationship with Case awhile back, but has a bunch of inventory remaining, mostly special editions, etc. If he had a Mini in P-F orange, it would be in my pocket now.

The mini Copperlock is a nice knife. I gave one away here on the forum for a deserving youngster getting his first knife. I hope he's still enjoying it. It was a yellow Delrin handled carbon steel version.

[QUOTE=blues;905109]@Willard

Here's the info I got back from Ken this morning about the gun and the grips to the best of his recollection:

I mistakenly thought that was one of Ken's dad's guns. He was a police officer and passed a few years ago. I remembered that Ken had some of his revolvers...some he held on to and some he sold...and I thought this was one of them.

As you can probably tell, I'm very proud of Ken. He is not only a supremely gifted knife maker and former gunsmith, but one of the best people one could ever hope to call a friend.

A recent picture of Ken:

/QUOTE]

Thanks Blues. Very accomodating of you both.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

I quite like the Copperhead and Copperlock. My Copperhead is blue bone with a Wharncliffe main blade, in stainless, and was the knife I gave myself between Afghanistan and Iraq so I could have a knife that was nice and not tactical. My Copperlock is yellow delrin with a carbon steel Wharncliffe blade. Nice knife. I gave a standard black bone mini Copperlock to my FIL years ago. Nice knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post

Thanks Blues. Very accomodating of you both.
    My pleasure, brother.

You may want to take a look at this:

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Benchm...t-Knife--67754

I like the classic look of the BenchmadeProper.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 07-18-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: added info

User Tag List