Thread: You know you work in a good place...

You know you work in a good place...

...when citizen's drop by the office with such presents for you:

Indeed! That's awesome.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    That's really great!

Any particular back-story worth sharing, or just a local citizen who appreciates good work being done?

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    That's really great!

Any particular back-story worth sharing, or just a local citizen who appreciates good work being done?
    Some of both actually.

She had an unsettling experience and appreciated our response, and she wanted some firearms training, and we obliged. I've been to the range with her twice and she attended our firearms safety class for citizens. She brought the ammo by today as a thank you.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    That makes it all the cooler!

Thanks for the great work you're doing with your community, and I'm glad to see that it's appreciated by those you serve.

And thanks for the smile. I really appreciate seeing people make heartfelt gestures like that; even if I'm not the recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    That makes it all the cooler!

Thanks for the great work you're doing with your community, and I'm glad to see that it's appreciated by those you serve.

And thanks for the smile. I really appreciate seeing people make heartfelt gestures like that; even if I'm not the recipient.
    It really is a great place to work. The citizens are wonderful and want professional law enforcement with a personal touch, and the deputies are good mix of old salts and eager whippersnappers that are willing to learn from the old salts. I've seen a deputy go from chasing down a bandit to carrying the groceries in the house for a grandmother.

It's always a great thing when officers receive the rounds with the primers intact.

Congrats for you and your team - you have some good advocates in the community.

User Tag List