Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Frame Failure

Site Supporter
    I have a gunsmith friend who is well versed in S&W. He said the same thing, that the frame cracking under the barrel is a result of over torquing when the barrel was installed.

Dave

Try to track down the original owner. Maybe he could send it in.

Definitely send it in. I have had to send guns back to SW more than once. The first time, they don't fix it, the second time, they usually do. Complain enough and they'll take care of you, is my guess, maybe replacing it with something still in the catalog.

Site Supporter
    Not sure how many times I have to say this. S&W has already stated that the life time warranty does not apply. They aren't going to "fix" anything unless I pay dearly for it and they most certainly aren't going to "replace" anything, period.

Despite all the S&W fans who think the mother ship is the ultimate solution to all things S&W, all I see coming out of sending it back is pouring more money down a poorly designed rat hole. Barrels being over torqued in Scandium/Aluminum frames seems to be, in part, a design flaw. I'm just not going to spend money on that again.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 07-20-2019 at 05:57 PM.

User Tag List