Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Barefoot/minimalist shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    My Lems Nine2Fives have been phenomenal, and were true to size (10). The Waterproof Boulder Boots, Boulder Summit Boots, and Outlander boots, in Size 10, were all half a size too small for me.
    I just got a pair of Lems Nine2Fives and have only wore them three times; they're great. My feet love them.

They do look (very) slightly like clown shoes, though; enough that my daughter gave me a snort the first time she saw them.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    I liked the cheap Saguaros I got from Amazon enough to splurge for a pair of Xeros... The Xeros are solid, comfortable and look more like a normal sneaker, but, the Saguaros are just so much more comfortable... I wish Saguaro made a version that looks less like I only shop for groceries at the co-op and never use deodorant.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I liked the cheap Saguaros I got from Amazon enough to splurge for a pair of Xeros... The Xeros are solid, comfortable and look more like a normal sneaker, but, the Saguaros are just so much more comfortable... I wish Saguaro made a version that looks less like I only shop for groceries at the co-op and never use deodorant.
    Based on your recommendation, I've been wearing a pair of Saguaros as my "inside shoes" (as opposed to slippers or moccasins or some other "slip-on" shoe), for the last year, just to see if I could get used to them. I like them so much, I just ordered a pair to wear as "outside" shoes.
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I just got a pair of Lems Nine2Fives and have only wore them three times; they're great. My feet love them.

They do look (very) slightly like clown shoes, though; enough that my daughter gave me a snort the first time she saw them.
    I noticed the same thing about my Nine2Fives. Seemed worse in the black version than in the brown version.

For anyone in need of dress minimalist shoes, I absolutely LOVE the Birchbury Brenstons. They look a lot more normal and are amazingly comfortable.

Glad I opened this thread, and saw the info about zero drop dress shoes. I greatly prefer shoes with little, or no drop.

A brand I didn't see mentioned is Inov-8. My workout shoes are their F-lite 235 v3, and 245 shoes. Those have a 4mm and 3mm drop respectively, but they also have a 210, that is a zero drop.

For USPSA, I recently picked up a pair of their Trailtalon 235 v3s, that have 3mm drop. I hoping to find a sale on the X-Talon on G210s.

They are pricey, but you can often find deep discounts on their website, or Amazon, especially if you're not picky about the color(s) of the shoes..

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I wish Saguaro made a version that looks less like I only shop for groceries at the co-op and never use deodorant.
    Still chuckling about this, days later, every time I wear mine.
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Glad I opened this thread, and saw the info about zero drop dress shoes. I greatly prefer shoes with little, or no drop.

A brand I didn't see mentioned is Inov-8. My workout shoes are their F-lite 235 v3, and 245 shoes. Those have a 4mm and 3mm drop respectively, but they also have a 210, that is a zero drop.

For USPSA, I recently picked up a pair of their Trailtalon 235 v3s, that have 3mm drop. I hoping to find a sale on the X-Talon on G210s.

They are pricey, but you can often find deep discounts on their website, or Amazon, especially if you're not picky about the color(s) of the shoes..
    I really like Innov-8 but the last 2 pairs I bought seemed to lose their support in just3-4 months. That’s a big deal at those prices. How has durability been for you?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I really like Innov-8 but the last 2 pairs I bought seemed to lose their support in just3-4 months. That’s a big deal at those prices. How has durability been for you?
    Durability is fine for me. My F-lite 235 v3s have been used for workouts 4-5 days a week, for the last three years. I do everything, except barbell squats, in those shoes. I just bought the 245s 2 months ago, so I don't know how they will hold up over time. I also bought another pair of 235s, so I'll probably use the old workout shoes for casual wear, and put the new ones into the workout rotation.

I have these WHITIN shoes. My first minimalist shoes. Suspiciously similar to those Saguaros.

WHITIN Men's Minimalist Trail Runner | Wide Toe Box | Barefoot Inspired https://a.co/d/igRYxjz
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I have these WHITIN shoes. My first minimalist shoes. Suspiciously similar to those Saguaros.

WHITIN Men's Minimalist Trail Runner | Wide Toe Box | Barefoot Inspired https://a.co/d/igRYxjz
    Suspiciously similar.
    ― Ennius

User Tag List