Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LPVO + Red Dot: Where does it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    With both a current model Avon and MSA, rolling inboard with the 45 degree mount is a no go for me. YMMV. If I were doing it I would need to go top mount. Have you considered a DBAL or similar laser aiming device for those times when obligated to don the face hugger?
    So that was my initial solution to the gas mask equation, policy says visible laser is a no-go, and we don’t have NOD access outside of SWAT/secret squirrel units. My next solution was a 1.93” mount for my scope, but now I’m wanting that red dot capability too. Maybe I just need to stop being a bitch and run my variable better?

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    So that was my initial solution to the gas mask equation, policy says visible laser is a no-go, and we don’t have NOD access outside of SWAT/secret squirrel units. My next solution was a 1.93” mount for my scope, but now I’m wanting that red dot capability too. Maybe I just need to stop being a bitch and run my variable better?
    Which vortex?

LPVO + Red Dot: Where does it go?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Which vortex?

PST gen 2 1-6x
    Last edited by BK14; 07-22-2019 at 02:02 PM.

PST gen 2 1-6x
    Maybe consider moving up to a razor it allowed? The eye box and FOV makes it really comparable to a red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Maybe consider moving up to a razor it allowed? The eye box and FOV makes it really comparable to a red dot.

Have you looked through both side by side? I haven’t done a side by side, but I don’t recall a difference in FOV between the two when I’d looked through the Razor.

The FOV is pretty darn good on the PST, but off angles, off hand, certain positions etc. the red dot is always gonna be better.

I think I’ll be trying out a piggy backed optic to see if it fits what I’m trying for and report back.

Site Supporter
    Propose a policy change that would permit the laser to be used based on equipment issues vs assignments?

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Personally I prefer piggy-back assuming the turrets on your scope aren't tall.

I've experimented with T1s and MRDSs mounted at 45 degrees and other angles, both on the receiver and on the scope body. I never found a solution that didn't stick too far off the gun or gave me the fov I wanted(too low and my left eye was blocked by my main optic/mount).

I don't find the piggyback mount slow. With a little practice it's very fast and allows a nice upright head position. Transitioning from primary to secondary sn't as fast as 45 offsets but I'm willing to make that trade for a slimmer solution that works for weak side shooting and lets me keep both eyes down range.
    I feel the same. I've tried both 45° offset irons and RMR. I've found the piggyback to be the easiest and most intuitive.

People complain about chin weld versus cheek weld but it's not very awkward. I've personally decided to go with an ACOG over a LPVO but I'm positive the same reasons would transfer over to a LPVO.

Easy to use, ambidextrous and it keeps your head up for awareness. It's my favorite optic setup I've tried so far.

User Tag List