Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I imagining this? 1980s single-action .410/.45 Colt revolver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Those were released around 2011 from what I can find, OP was thinking the 1980's era.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    That's not a revolver, that's a Pepperbox. They go back to the black powder percussion era. What a hoot!

Dave
    Not trying to get into a semantic debate, but I see lots of references to them as "pepper-box revolver" or "pepper-box revolver derringers" or just "pepperbox" (there are pepperbox long arm, so to me, "pepperbox" is too vague). A few of the auctions and listings refer to them as just "revolvers" so it's possible that's how the ads/articles in the '80s referred to them.

I came across this listing
    LEINAD INC. MR X01403 REVOLVER PISTOL 45/410
    on a auction site and remembered this thread as it fits a lot of the OP's description: released in the '80s, flat trigger, no trigger guard, unique finish, etc .
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 03-19-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    Is this it?

Cobray Leinad MR-5

Attachment 50186
    No, but that is interesting!
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    Not trying to get into a semantic debate, but I see lots of references to them as "pepper-box revolver" or "pepper-box revolver derringers" or just "pepperbox" (there are pepperbox long arm, so to me, "pepperbox" is too vague). A few of the auctions and listings refer to them as just "revolvers" so it's possible that's how the ads/articles in the '80s referred to them.
    I've always seen and heard them referred to as Pepperboxs. Since this seems much more important to you than it does to me, you win the "semantic debate". I bow in submission to your greater verbosity.

Dave

I am really beginning to think I was imagining it.

Hypothesis: I am conflating the DA gun that did exist at the time in .410 with the description of the SA .410 gun the protagonist buys in "The Forever War" when he returns to shithole Earth after fighting aliens.

I used to dream about non-existent guns all the time back then; it's quite possible my "gunshop memory" is literally a dream.

The gun in my "memory" looks like a Blackhawk and a Chiappa Rhino had a baby-- not a 6'oclock barrel position, but some hexagonal angles and a weird flat trigger.

Or I'm remembering the alternate reality I originated from. 😊
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I get the William Mandella cite but do not recall such a real gun in that period.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Super Comanche?

Name:  4FD5362A-7E59-4A3F-8636-36A0F4739C5C.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  10.3 KB

Was it one of the Century Mfg. variants? https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...tion-revolvers

User Tag List