Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Colt 1911 history with Ken Hackathorn

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Lost count of how many times he flagged his own face.... I can't be the only one who noticed.
    Attachment 40192
    Found it distracting, yes.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    The manual clearly explained that the barrel needs to be out of battery.
    Now I’m going to be tearing my files apart trying to figure out if the “as NIB” Combat Elite I bought from a pawn shop 20+ years ago came with the box or manual. I think the first I knew that it had the collet bushing was when I disassembled it. It’s not like they put it on the price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Dammit he should be president
    HACKETHORN/WILSON 2020
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    Now I’m going to be tearing my files apart trying to figure out if the “as NIB” Combat Elite I bought from a pawn shop 20+ years ago came with the box or manual. I think the first I knew that it had the collet bushing was when I disassembled it. It’s not like they put it on the price tag.
    Sorry about that.

I was taught to always turn the barrel bushing with the barrel out of battery -- even with a solid bushing. The bushing is much easier to turn as the barrel diameter behind the muzzle is often thinner, and this practice prevents wear on the crucial barrel/bushing interface used to locate the muzzle of the barrel when in battery. The latter is a big deal with Bullseye pistols. Most of my Bullseye guns were fit so that the barrel bushing cannot be turned when in battery, even with a steel bushing wrench. Les Baer fits his guns the same way although part of his fitting leads to sprung barrels, which is not good for accuracy.

With match guns, I remove the slide stop, pull the upper from the frame, remove the recoil spring and guide, slide the barrel forward, and then turn the bushing.

User Tag List