Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clapp Ruger SP101!

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Would it need to be fitted?

I’d be interested in that too. I don’t think I have ever thumbed back the hammer on mine...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Would it need to be fitted?...
    Maybe. I'll see what I can find out.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    Does ruger still not sell the bobbed hammers as a stand alone part?
    Nope, they don't. They say it is a fitted part, and won't do it. You have to send the pistol to them, and they will not give you the spurred hammer back.

I have that exact pistol. I hope they have changed their minds on the DAO trigger swap.

It's a nice shooter. I added the the phosphor bronze shims and the Wolff spring kit to mine, which makes a very nice upgrade. I also polished the innards with some 4000-grit Japanese waterstones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I don't see anything on the Shop Ruger webstore. I'll call tomorrow and see if they might sell me one.
    If they sell you one I'd like to know. Mine may be headed for a trigger job and if I could get a spare hammer to go in it at the same time...

Site Supporter
    I wonder if anyone besides me thinks Ruger really missed an opportunity by not making the 101 a 6-shot, on the scale of the D-framed Colt? It's almost that big already and a 6th round would sure make them more appealing to me.

Just sayin',
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I wonder if anyone besides me thinks Ruger really missed an opportunity by not making the 101 a 6-shot, on the scale of the D-framed Colt? It's almost that big already and a 6th round would sure make them more appealing to me.

Just sayin',
    Dave
    A snub nosed Security Six?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post

Just sayin',
    Dave
    My Detective Special fits SP101 holsters perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A snub nosed Security Six?

The Security-Six is a K-frame.

As heavy as the 101 is it should at least be a six shot. Look at the Kimber and the new Colt. They aren't K-frame size but get you a half a dozen chances to get out of trouble.

Dave

I always thought they missed the boat on the Clapp SP101 a little. I wish it was 3” barrel, DAO, Spurless hammer. That’d be my ideal SP101, with the Novak Sights of the Clapp model.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I always thought they missed the boat on the Clapp SP101 a little. I wish it was 3” barrel, DAO, Spurless hammer. That’d be my ideal SP101, with the Novak Sights of the Clapp model.
    I have a 3" SP101 in 327 FM and prefer the balance and feel of the Clapp with its 2.25"

User Tag List