Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tacoma police kill armed man attacking ICE Detention Center

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    All true, however Trump is not blameless here. He and his sycophants like Ken Cuccinelli think it is cute to leak false information about ICE conducting mass arrests as though A) ICE isn’t out arresting immigration violators everyday, and B) if there was a mass arrest of non criminal family units there would be anywhere to put them. The ,etc lit the match but Trump and co are fanning the flame.
    One of the thing I'm never going to forgive the left for are the times I've had to defend Trump, who I dislike.

Announcing mass arrests that aren't going to occur might be ethically flawed but see below), but there is nothing wrong with mass arrests of those who have broken the law.

And it is at least arguable that Trump's mass arrests announcement finally panickedthe House Dems into agreeing to a bill to adequately fund detention centers. (Most House Dems, like most liberals don't actually want an unguarded border with people pouring across and camping out in the liberals' neighborhoods, but for some reason they can't actually come out and say that because, again for some crazed reason, it is politically incorrect for them to do so).

As for the left (as opposed to the liberals) their rhetoric is off the charts. Concentration camps? Genocide? Attacking ICE agents?

The crisis with the immigration system in the US today is largely the product of a deliberate decision by various leftist groups to encourage large numbers of Central Americans to come to the US and (falsely) claim asylum. Their purpose appears to be that they want to change the US' voting demographics--and right now they are succeeding. Trump didn't do that and while his rhetoric might at times be off-putting, his instinct that the US needs to defend its borders is widely popular and I think correct.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    One of the thing I'm never going to forgive the left for are the times I've had to defend Trump, who I dislike.

Announcing mass arrests that aren't going to occur might be ethically flawed but see below), but there is nothing wrong with mass arrests of those who have broken the law.

And it is at least arguable that Trump's mass arrests announcement finally panickedthe House Dems into agreeing to a bill to adequately fund detention centers. (Most House Dems, like most liberals don't actually want an unguarded border with people pouring across and camping out in the liberals' neighborhoods, but for some reason they can't actually come out and say that because, again for some crazed reason, it is politically incorrect for them to do so).

As for the left (as opposed to the liberals) their rhetoric is off the charts. Concentration camps? Genocide? Attacking ICE agents?

The crisis with the immigration system in the US today is largely the product of a deliberate decision by various leftist groups to encourage large numbers of Central Americans to come to the US and (falsely) claim asylum. Their purpose appears to be that they want to change the US' voting demographics--and right now they are succeeding. Trump didn't do that and while his rhetoric might at times be off-putting, his instinct that the US needs to defend its borders is widely popular and I think correct.
    All accurate.

If Trump’s trolling about mass arrests really got the dems to approve the funding they should have approved anyway it means they are completely ignorant on immigration and border issues. Personally I don’t believe that. I think both sides know and are just playing games with DHS personnel and the aliens caught in the middle.

All accurate.

If Trump’s trolling about mass arrests really got the dems to approve the funding they should have approved anyway it means they are completely ignorant on immigration and border issues. Personally I don’t believe that. I think both sides know and are just playing games with DHS personnel and the aliens caught in the middle.
    That might be correct, but I have read the assertion that the House Dems were afraid that the raids were going to be blamed on their refusal to fund and the initial refusal to fund was driven by the Congressional left's desire to have the conditions get worse so they could make claims about concentration camps as a base-motivation tool.

The chance that many people in DC care about the DHS personnel is about the same as the chance that many of them truly care about military personnel.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    That might be correct, but I have read the assertion that the House Dems were afraid that the raids were going to be blamed on their refusal to fund and the initial refusal to fund was driven by the Congressional left's desire to have the conditions get worse so they could make claims about concentration camps as a base-motivation tool.

The chance that many people in DC care about the DHS personnel is about the same as the chance that many of them truly care about military personnel.
    This is another illustration of amateurs focusing on tactics and professionals focusing on logistics. Not that there is any detention space to begin with but what would you do with the people you arrest without funding for bedspace?

It costs money to feed, house and guard these people when they are in custody pending removal not to mention just keeping the lights on.

Mexicans can be returned the same day near the border but in other parts of the country they must be housed and transported. The majority of the recent issues involve Central Americans - you have to obtain travel documents and fly them back to their own countries - the logistics of which takes a couple of weeks.

The only pool of additional manpower, space and planes would be the military - and think of the political firestorm that would cause. That might have flown right after 9/11 but today ?
    Last edited by HCM; 07-13-2019 at 05:22 PM.

This is another illustration of amateurs focusing on tactics and professionals focusing on logistics. Not that there is any detention space to begin with but what would you do with the people you arrest without funding for bedspace?

It costs money to feed, house and guard these people when they are in custody pending removal not to mention just keeping the lights on.

Mexicans can be returned the same day near the border but in other parts of the country they must be housed and transported. The majority of the recent issues involve Central Americans - you have to obtain travel documents and fly them back to their own countries - the logistics of which takes a couple of weeks.

The only pool of additional manpower, space and planes would be the military - and think of the political firestorm that would cause. That might have flown right after 9/11 but today ?
    I can guarantee you that outside of HHS almost no one in DC on either side has focused on the logistical end of any of this. Personally I think most people would be fine with using military craft to return phony asylum seekers. But it won't happen precisely because it would be a political firestorm.

All true, however Trump is not blameless here. He and his sycophants like Ken Cuccinelli think it is cute to leak false information about ICE conducting mass arrests as though A) ICE isn’t out arresting immigration violators everyday, and B) if there was a mass arrest of non criminal family units there would be anywhere to put them. The ,etc lit the match but Trump and co are fanning the flame.
    ICE is and has been held back from doing their job for some time. At the same time they generally have more interest in going after narcotics than their primary mission.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    ICE is and has been held back from doing their job for some time. At the same time they generally have more interest in going after narcotics than their primary mission.
    That is incomplete and inaccurate information.

You are referring to HSI which is a sub component of ICE. The other main component of ICE, ERO does nothing but immigration. All the detention, interior apprehension, deportation case management, jail and prison programs, fugitive arrests, re-entry prosecutions and deportations are done by ERO. HSI’s Primary Immigration functions are human smuggling organizations, most of whom are also dope and weapons smuggling organizations, and prosecuting benefits fraud referrals from US CIS. Gangs tend to be a shared territory.

HSI was formed from the SA/ criminal investigators from INS and customs. There were more customs agents than INS Agent and that has affected the agency culture. Customs guys want to work dope because it’s what they know. Some HSI offices do lots of immigration related work some don’t. More do now that it is a priority for the administration and therefore an priority for funding. Funny how that works.

That is incomplete and inaccurate information.

You are referring to HSI which is a sub component of ICE. The other main component of ICE, ERO does nothing but immigration. All the detention, interior apprehension, deportation case management, jail and prison programs, fugitive arrests, re-entry prosecutions and deportations are done by ERO. HSI’s Primary Immigration functions are human smuggling organizations, most of whom are also dope and weapons smuggling organizations, and prosecuting benefits fraud referrals from US CIS. Gangs tend to be a shared territory.

HSI was formed from the SA/ criminal investigators from INS and customs. There were more customs agents than INS Agent and that has affected the agency culture. Customs guys want to work dope because it’s what they know. Some HSI offices do lots of immigration related work some don’t. More do now that it is a priority for the administration and therefore an priority for funding. Funny how that works.
    Correct.... I screwed that up or should’ve been more specific.

Site Supporter
    If you want some insight into the ideology and thought processes of anarchist extremists like Van Spronsen this video is a good example:

His mommy forgot to give him his meds...

...same old tired line that's been trotted out since I was a pup (and for decades and generations before that).
    Last edited by blues; 07-27-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List