Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P365XL range reports

My gunsmith fired 50 rounds of Remington 115 grain through it. I had never seen the ammo before. It was in a brown cardboard box and said something to the effect of "Military and Law Enforcement Training Ammunition". No issues of any kind with that stuff. He loved the gun and is going to buy one for himself.

When I got it back, I went to the indoor range and fired 50 rounds of 147 HST and 50 rounds of 124 AE. It's 100% so far. 279 rounds total.

This was the 50 rounds of HST at 14 yards. I'll take it considering how blurry the sight picture was.

Name:  IMG_1915.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  20.7 KB
    Last edited by cornstalker; 07-14-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Purely from a measurement, not by feel, I wonder if the flat trigger extends reach, it looks like they intersect at the same place so it might be a wash.
    P365 curved trigger. The shortest point in trigger reach is 2.620"
    P365XL flat trigger. The shortest point is 2.630", but that is at the top right by the frame. It is around 2.680", measured roughly the same distance down from the frame as I measured the curved trigger.

I was able to get a pic that illustrates it better than I can describe it.

P365 on top of the XL with the trigger guards lined up.

Name:  IMG_1917.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  22.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    P365 curved trigger. The shortest point in trigger reach is 2.620"
    P365XL flat trigger. The shortest point is 2.630", but that is at the top right by the frame. It is around 2.680", measured roughly the same distance down from the frame as I measured the curved trigger.

I was able to get a pic that illustrates it better than I can describe it.

P365 on top of the XL with the trigger guards lined up.

Name:  IMG_1917.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  22.7 KB
    That's a significant difference. I have thick fingers and the P365 trigger/trigger guard works for me. The flat trigger might be tighter than i prefer.

@Leroy Suggs Sounds like it would be good to try first. I would be surprised if it gave you a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    @Leroy Suggs Sounds like it would be good to try first. I would be surprised if it gave you a problem.
    Good idea. I have been thinking about getting a Sig flat trigger for the 365. I haven't been able to handle one with the flat trigger. No one around here has an XL.

User Tag List