Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Punisher Logo and Police

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Cattlesburg PD could have told them how this one was going to turn out:
    https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/...134722264.html
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Congrats on wasting a bunch of money that could have been used on something more vital, like umm, training perhaps?
    I'm far more familiar with the town of Catlettsburg than I would care to be. I somehow missed this when it happened, but I am not the least bit surprised.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Punisher skull, Spartan helmet, TBL stuff, etc. are all more examples of 4TM. It's everywhere. Please add Batman patches to the list which I've seen on uniformed law enforcement in my local grocery store.

@paherne is spot on... if you have to tell someone you're hard the magic 8-ball says "Don't count on it."

I've never understood the desire by some military personnel to wear "morale patches" let alone why any domestic law enforcement officers would do the same. Apart from possible legal ramifications it looks unprofessional and conveys a multitude of messages - intended and unintended. The general public deserves better from uniformed professionals.

"Practical and professional" is a concept I respect. I wish more did. Adult LARPing in the real world with real world consequences is a no-go.

Mike Pannone put it pretty well in his 'Til Valhalla video. If you need that Punisher skull or Spartan helmet or Batman symbol on your kit you probably should be selling cars somewhere instead.
    Last edited by Clark Jackson; 07-13-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    If you need that Punisher skull or Spartan helmet or Batman symbol on your kit you probably should be selling cars somewhere instead.
    Maybe Gotham City.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Wrong universe. Batman is DC. Punisher is Marvel. In a crossover, Batman beat up Punisher.

Site Supporter
    I think LAPD has one of the most professional looking uniforms. The no patches for patrol officers keeps it simple and sharp looking. There are some assignments that include uniform patches, but these patches are low key and processional looking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think LAPD has one of the most professional looking uniforms. The no patches for patrol officers keeps it simple and sharp looking. There are some assignments that include uniform patches, but these patches are low key and processional looking.
    I've have had a few friendly encounters with law enforcement in various places which usually occur because of my inability to maintain proper speed.

Hands down the most professional law enforcement I've ever encountered is the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). Texas State Troopers have a strict uniform policy and I have yet to see one that is obese. A close second is the Pennsylvania State Police.

Zero morale patches spotted on either.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

You used to save the sweatshirts with logo stuff for cop parties and not stuff you would ever wear in public. The world is a different place and the old secret decoder ring stuff is now out there in the “hey, look at me” arena. That gets ugly when THEY actually are looking at you.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    I've have had a few friendly encounters with law enforcement in various places which usually occur because of my inability to maintain proper speed.

Hands down the most professional law enforcement I've ever encountered is the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS). Texas State Troopers have a strict uniform policy and I have yet to see one that is obese. A close second is the Pennsylvania State Police.

Zero morale patches spotted on either.
    I'm a big fan of Police officers looking like professionals. I'm totally torn on the whole BDU-ish looking uniform, coupled with the LBE over vest. I totally get the utility of it, and I just took 800mg of IBU for my lower back, which supported a duty belt for much less time than other people. But I hate the look.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

CWM11B
    The majority of folks I saw wearing this crap at my agency were clearly overweight, out of shape, and marginal performers. Several them were remedial shooters. In my position, every one came through my shop for training. I routinely pointed out the pitfalls of these items and the optics, provided some case examples, and pointed out it was against policy to wear them. People still did, and far to many supervisors did nothing about it. Some even wore the stuff themselves. Were I still in the game, and especially if I was a chief, this would be a hard NO. Same for some of the ridiculous graphics packages I've seen on patrol vehicles. The question I would like to hear asked, pondered, and objectively considered before putting that crap on is: How does this enhance the performance of my duties? If the answer is "it doesn't", probably best to leave it alone.
    Last edited by CWM11B; 07-13-2019 at 05:14 PM.

I despise this kind of trash. It's juvenile, unprofessional and so many other negative things. I also hate thin blue line t-shirts, challenge coins and all the other kitchy bull shit that's permeated me former profession. There was a time when we were good cops and that was enough. We had a set of big brass ones, but we didn't feel the need to let them swing free in public, or put them on an insta-selfie-face post, or a t-shirt. This is really just another example of the identity politics that's infected every aspect of our society.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List