Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Punisher Logo and Police

Site Supporter

The Punisher Logo and Police

https://www.cbr.com/st-louis-police-...-logo-twitter/

We've discussed how having this logo on your gear might hurt you in court. Here's a discussion of the comic world vs. police usage of the symbol.

The debate is whether the symbol and mode of operations of the character are appropriate for the law and whether adminstration can act against it - this upsets the union.

OMG how I hate that Punisher/TBL bullshit. Totally agree with the creator of the Punisher - it has no place in LE. It’s stupid.

And while I’m talking about stupid shit that’s worked it’s way into LE, can I throw the stupid Spartan helmet bullshit in there as well?

This rocket scientist works in some small village a couple hours from my justification. He was in town at his girlfriends and when he was leaving he thought he saw a drug deal (which he probably did) so he stops and searches the dude wearing his uniform with this exterior carrier and his baseball cap on backwards and then called us. I took the call when I heard them dispatch one of my guys and could not believe what this dipshit did. Needless to say no one got charged and the $5 bag of weed got booked in for destruction.

Name:  44B70340-5FB9-41B4-84C3-158E4CCA2F08.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  27.4 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Defense and Civil Rights attorneys will send an investigator to go photo all of the personal vehicles in the PD parking lot, will search your online presence, and will take ANYTHING mildly controversial and paint you as an evil, Nazi Racist, chauvinist, animal-hating puppy kicker. Putting the emblem of a comic book character who is a fired cop who murders criminals in extra-judicial orgies of violence will play well with jurors, I am sure.

The Thin Blue Line stuff is stupid, but I understand it and own a couple of shirts and stickers I've been given.

It's always been my observation that if you have to tell the world what a badass you are, you probably aren't one.

This is a ridiculous failure of leadership.

If I had shown up to work with a Punisher logo on my uniform, my chief, captains, lieutenants or sergeants wouldn't have done anything about it. That's because one of the dozens of other officers who had at least one more day of seniority would have walked up to me and said "take that shit off. It's stupid."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Generally, when you have a grown-up job that involves, among other things, testifying in court, it makes sense to behave like an adult and a professional, even if inside of you is an aging teenager who wants to get out. It is probably the case that with most men that that hidden teenager is there to some extent or the other (only gradually fading away over the years) but generally its a pretty bad idea to let it loose if your job requires adult conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    This is a ridiculous failure of leadership.

If I had shown up to work with a Punisher logo on my uniform, my chief, captains, lieutenants or sergeants wouldn't have done anything about it. That's because one of the dozens of other officers who had at least one more day of seniority would have walked up to me and said "take that shit off. It's stupid."
    Oh, it gets better. One of our last recruit classes at the regional academy had a punisher logo put on their sweatshirt they made. The academy staff didn't see a problem with it. As most of the folks who teach at our academy never did enough police work to be sued in Federal court, it all makes sense.

Site Supporter
    Cattlesburg PD could have told them how this one was going to turn out:
    https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/...134722264.html
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Cattlesburg PD could have told them how this one was going to turn out:
    https://www.kentucky.com/news/state/...134722264.html
    Congrats on wasting a bunch of money that could have been used on something more vital, like umm, training perhaps?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    What a joke what a joke what a joke.

One time I wore one of those idiotic thin blue line para cord bracelets out. My brother made fun of me. He was right to do so and it pointed out to me just how cheesy and stupid it was. That was almost a decade ago.

I actually don't like the thin blue line American flag. Let the American flag be the American flag.

We not the BOPE.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 07-13-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Add me to the list of people who think the Punisher logo has absolutely no place in law enforcement in the United States. I don’t like it on patches, decals, stickers, clothing, or challenge coins. The Punisher is a character who murders scores of people. It doesn’t matter that they’re bad people. Murdering people is a crime because it’s a morally evil action. I don’t want the public to ever associate law enforcement officers with the idea that murder is okay.

I’m not a fan of thin blue lines and spartan helmets at all either but they aren’t anywhere near as stupid as Punisher skulls.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List