Thread: Survivor Systems Professional Stock

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

Survivor Systems Professional Stock

Anyone have any experience with this collapsible stock? Especially in use on an LE Patrol Rifle, and even better anyone know of any agencies equipping their rifles with these? The integral magazine storage is interesting, but I'd like to hear about hard use experiences.

Tried searching and couldn’t find anything about drop testing that’s been done. If it’s for a department purchase/use, maybe reach out to someone from the company from a work email and ask them for documentation on drop tests.

I have never used this stock, out of the 350+ rifle operators we have at work, and all the guys I know that shoot and train, I’ve never seen anyone run a stock like this.

I generally want a well established stock that is of known quality, durable, good sling attachment points, comfortable, and reasonably lightweight as well as streamlined. This stock is basically the opposite of what me and the others around me would look for. The magazine in the stock will throw a weird weight into the mix, changing the handling a good bit, add a big snag point, limit sling placement, and potentially open you up to weaknesses in the stock.

What’s the issue that you’re trying to fix with this stock? I rarely deploy a rifle in my job position, to the point that I don’t keep a rifle spare mag (I have 5 pistol mags, plus the one in my primary and backup) on me since I generally don’t have a rifle within a mile of where I’m at. But I keep a rifle in my squads cruiser, with an extra mag staged right next to it, plus more in the back. If I grabbed my rifle, I grab my spare mag and throw it in the pouch on my belt. This way I have a durable stock, that handles how I want it, and a reload on me with no penalty like what comes from a practically unknown company full of negative byproducts to having a mag sticking out of my stock.

Just my thoughts, open to hearing a different opinion though.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Yeah, those are all potential concerns I have. We currently have A2 stocks on our Colt Patrol Rifles, with a nylon pouch on the stock for a spare magazine. We're looking to transition to telescoping stocks in the remotely near future, but also want a better way to carry a spare magazine (more for dealing with bad primary mags than needing that much extra ammo). One of the staff found this and ordered one for T&E. Idea would be to run a 20 round PMag in the stock. I have reached out to the company, but would like field reports on use of this thing as well. These are pool rifles, so individualized solutions for the shooter aren't feasible.

Survivor Systems Professional Stock

How many officers in your rifle program? Is there a mandatory way that an officer sets up there Gear? Outer carriers approved?

Would a redi-mag be an approved addition?
    Last edited by BK14; 07-14-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Use a Magpul mag clamp or a RediMag, that stock looks goofy as hell.
    #RESIST

Never heard of it. I'd ask around CA as that company appears to be based out of there.

Remember that whatever you go with needs to be weapon rack compatible, if you use racks.

I'd rather go with the simpler solution of a spare mag on my vest carrier or belt.

What we approve and decide on will be what is approved, and mandatory. No individual rifle setup....again, these are pool rifles. Not an ideal situation, and there are probably 600 or so rifle trained officers. A Redi-Mag or Magpul clamp are also options, though they also throw off the balance of the rifle. The department was looking at replacing our plate carriers with the First Spear 'First-On' carrier, which includes two mag pouches. Would've solved the issue for the most part....but that has been cancelled. Thought about issuing belt pouches for rifle trained officers....but real estate on the duty belt is getting scarce. None of these solutions is ideal....and the reality is we will likely end up with a new stock, and no way to carry a spare magazine. One step forward...

Gotcha. Sounds like a very different culture than my agency. We don’t do pool guns, and expect extra mags to be carried on body if possible.

The magpul mag clamp isn’t ideal, the top round can walk, but if you either throw the cover on it, or train to get the rounds seated/cleared, it’s a better solution than no extra mag.

User Tag List