Thread: LEOSA in Philly

LEOSA in Philly

Taking my daughter to Philadelphia in a couple weeks to see some history. Specifically the Museum of the American Revolution, Independence Hall and to see the Liberty Bell. Then we’re stopping at Gettysburg the next day on the way home. Anyone been to those places recently?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I was at Gettysburg last year. I wasn't carrying because it was part of a trip that included Canada. There were no security checks at the battlefield or related buildings.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

CWM11B
    I'm interested as well. There are a few places in the North East I wouldn't mind seeing, and pretty much have resigned myself to the fact that I'll be unarmed if I ever go to some, such as Massachusetts. I'm not great with that, but dont want to be a crash test dummy in court. I really hate the thought of driving and through all the places to get there not having a gun. I pretty much stay south of Richmond VA in my travels. If I was flying, I'd just leave the guns behind and not worry about it.

Site Supporter
    This is my local. No problem in PA with LEOSA. Also no magazine / ammo issues. There will be the usual restrictions in federally owned buildings. No restrictions on the grounds. I've not been in the Liberty Bell exhibit for some time. I do not believe there is a place to lock up for you to enter. The area surrounding Independence Hall is safe. Should be no problems there. I was at the Gettysburg Visitors center last summer. There is no place to lock up there either so I waited outside. If you have a truck vault or hidden lock box there should be no issues locking up in your car in those areas if entering the buildings is what you want to do. You may want to check out Valley Forge National Park as well. About 15 miles NW of Independence Hall. Shoot me a PM with a contact number and I'll be happy to provide additional info/food suggestions/etc...
    Last edited by Jason M; 07-13-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    This is my local. No problem in PA with LEOSA. Also no magazine / ammo issues. There will be the usual restrictions in federally owned buildings. No restrictions on the grounds. I've not been in the Liberty Bell exhibit for some time. I do not believe there is a place to lock up for you to enter. The area surrounding Independence Hall is safe. Should be no problems there. I was at the Gettysburg Visitors center last summer. There is no place to lock up there either so I waited outside. If you have a truck vault or hidden lock box there should be no issues locking up in your car in those areas if entering the buildings is what you want to do. You may want to check out Valley Forge National Park as well. About 15 miles NW of Independence Hall. Shoot me a PM with a contact number and I'll be happy to provide additional info/food suggestions/etc...
    I’ll take you up on that. Thanks for the info.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

("@", not "#", and the screen name must be in the same format, i.e., in this case an underscore.)
    Last edited by Drang; 07-13-2019 at 09:52 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I went to all of those a few years back. Independence Hall was pretty neat. That and the liberty Bell both have security with metal detectors. No idea if leosa gets you a pass or not ( hopefully it does). Sample size of one but the security guards at the liberty bell were a bit over the top when I went there. They confiscated and refused to return a small folding knife rather then letting me put it in my car because they claimed it was "illegal." I wasn't expecting security at the Liberty Bell and had forgotten I had it or I would have left it in the car in the first place. I thought the Liberty Bell was a bit overrated but the rest of it was pretty neat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

User Tag List