Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New (to me) Charles Daly Hi Power

I do like your thumb safety. Beats the heck out of the ones on my stock MK III.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyfender View Post
    I do like your thumb safety. Beats the heck out of the ones on my stock MK III.
    It seems to be a nice part.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    My Charles Daly hipower
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My Charles Daly hipower
    Nice.

How'd you darken the slide marks?

Site Supporter
    A quick google search showed that my Daly was assembled by magnum research. I suspect it was actually done by Saco in Maine but that is just my guess. Here is a pic of my browning hipower with spegal kingwood grips. Name:  97E5C269-3028-4AB7-8012-9963EAC9E855.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  23.2 KB. The magazines are mec gars including the 20 round mags

Site Supporter
    That’s the way it came. I don’t know if it was a running change from Daly or the previous owner did it.

I talked to Novak's recently about getting this gun in to have some stipple work done. Price is fairly steep but it would probably be nice to have the gun sort of "finished off."

Not sure what else it might need other than the aforementioned feed ramp flattening.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You might want to concurrently touch bases with BH Spring Solutions for the refurbishment, they're doing some excellent work lately.

Best, Jon

Bob Cogan at Accurate Plating & Weaponry has done some great HP work for me including the stippling thing at least 5 times now. His prices are reasonable and his turnaround is quite good. He knows his way around the platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I believe the rear (maybe the front?) are standard 1911 Novak cuts.

The gun now sports a gold bead front and an adjustable Novak rear. If and when I change them I'll probably get 3 dot tritium.

Don't be too hasty in changing those sights-gold bead on the front is my favorite and that adjustable Novak looks pretty sturdy. My understanding is that the Daly Hi Powers were well made. Congrats on your purchase, the P35 is the Belle of the Ball.

User Tag List