Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another chief leaves firearm in bathroom

I respect the Leo community fully. But it is a large community and has many bad eggs. Most of which could probably be blamed on management or which politician is pulling the strings. This kind of shit makes me sick when I hear politicians claiming I can not be armed because the police will protect me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least she had her weapon. Our county sheriff had no weapon at the scene of a mass shooting.

5 people died and he scooted out the back door. He heard the shots. His excuse. I was going to a movie and they didn't allow firearms there. WTF. I carry in there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascade_Mall_shooting
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhitman View Post
    I’m just speculating, but if I was a betting man I’m guessing “she” was hired not because of her ability to do the job, but because she checked several boxes that played into the Ca political climate.
    SLO was pretty conservative when I went to Cal Poly ~20 years ago. It looks like the Democrats have been slowly chipping away at the Republican lead, but it is still a red county:
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-07-11-20-17-42-1.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  51.5 KB

Of course, SLO city is more liberal than the county.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    A liberal, too. I’ll bet money she hasn’t qualified with that weapon in years.

Why do chiefs wear ridiculous 4 star general rank?
    Unlike the military, most state LEO accreditation organizations like CA POST require certain minimums regardless of who you are in your Dept.

It may have been a “princess” qual, it might take multiple tries etc but she has to be shooting at least once a year.

Pencil whipping fake qual scores is a good way to get “giglio’ed” and end your LE career if you get caught.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    How would she respond if one of her officers did that? That might be a good yardstick for a response in this case.

Okie John
    Did you watch her video ? She seems to be owning her mistake.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Divided attention and distraction. That's why you have a mental checklist, but that's not 100%. My former agency had several incidents similar to this over the years. From all ranks.
    All agencies do. It happens. There needs to be be consequences to minimize it, but it happens.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-11-2019 at 10:56 PM.

I live in the same county, and pass through or do business in San Luis Obispo every day. I know a number of local LEO who are well trained, sharp, and professional. Too bad the chief doesn't seem to be on the same level. I'll wager she didn't forget her iPhone...

And I can't help but think that if I left my pistol in a public shitter there would be unpleasant consequences.

The rural parts of the county are pretty red, but the city of San Luis Obispo is firmly blue - probably a side effect of the university and the growing tech influence.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    At least she had her weapon. Our county sheriff had no weapon at the scene of a mass shooting.

5 people died and he scooted out the back door. He heard the shots. His excuse. I was going to a movie and they didn't allow firearms there. WTF. I carry in there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascade_Mall_shooting
    I was not aware of that detail of that incident.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 07-12-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Elkhitman- Perhaps a bit unfair. What firsthand knowledge do you have regarding her police career at SLO or at the Mesa PD (she did 21 years with Mesa PD before this job)?

Your speculation is akin to the speculation that despite your username, you are not nearly the hunter you think you are. But I do not know you from Adam, so I could be completely off base. I really don't know anything about your hunting acumen at all.

Did you watch her facebook apology?

Clearly:

1. She did something really stupid
    2. She recognized it within minutes and was back in the restaurant before 2 of the three people that went into the restroom after her had even left the building
    3. She made and unequivocal and public apology the same day acknowledging that she made a mistake and that she will be held accountable.

Again, she did something really stupid and there should be a penalty for such conduct. I only wish others in public life would be so transparent in their professional transgressions and own their behavior.

Contrast her statement with FORMER Sec Acosta statement earlier this week re why he executed a Non Pros Agreement w Epstein. He would still be Secretary today is he had said:

1. I am sorry. I made a bad deal with people who worked at my old firm. In retrospect, I allowed myself to be outlawyered by more experienced defense attys instead of fully considering the input I was getting from career FBI and prosecutors in my office.
    2. If I had it to do over again, I would not make the same mistake, I would have moved forward with the case in a more traditional way that would have to a presentation to the federal grand jury or until the career people in my office and at Main Justice concluded that the case was so deficient that it should not be brought.
    3. To the victims, I am profoundly sorry and to those who have not come forward because of my conduct, please reconsider-here is a 1-800 number to call the FBI etc.

FYI
    Laramie/male/2005/emailed the entire dept re what he did an wrote himself a reprimand
    https://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...d12be780d.html

Prescott Valley/male/2017/apparently did not notice he left in the bathroom for 4 days.
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...oom/882646001/

Oak Harbor/male/2016/ultimately resigned/it was reported he had time with the LAPD Gang Unit, 30 year cop.
    https://www.heraldnet.com/news/oak-h...troom-resigns/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Unlike the military, most state LEO accreditation organizations like CA POST require certain minimums regardless of who you are in your Dept.

It may have been a “princess” qual, it might take multiple tries etc but she has to be shooting at least once a year.

Pencil whipping fake qual scores is a good way to get “giglio’ed” and end your LE career if you get caught.
    Remember this one?

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...ce-3281784.php
    #RESIST

User Tag List