Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another chief leaves firearm in bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Let’s be honest, isn’t a sidearm just a decorative piece for the command staff at most agencies anyway?

I’m not saying they don’t have some need to be armed, but I’d be surprised if most of them knew anything about their particular firearm beyond which end the hurty-thing comes out of.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    I recall when I lived in Portland, that various chiefs failed to qualify repeatedly. This was in the early 90's. Also, about decoration usage of the gun, I was watching Blue Bloods and Tom, the Chief carried a Fitz special because it was Daddy's. True it was a fictional show but I found that stupid.

BTW, I was at a pseudo-French bistro in San Antonio, and an officer just wearing a police polo and what looked like tactical dress pants came in wearing a Glock and two mags. He got some take it out. When I picked up my take out after him I asked the clerk why she didn't flee in terror like Starbucks. We both laughed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yup - and it was a problem. Likely part of why she’s not chief anymore.

I also doubt Heather Fong owns a personal firearm or carries off duty.

Going back to the SLO Chief what are you basing your assumptions on ? Her appearance ?

Because she looks like a lesbian ? Because I’ve worked with a bunch of lesbian cops and with one glaring exception they have been good cops. In fact one was a bad ass, great cop. She was like Dagga Boy if he was a chick who liked chicks if you can wrap your head around that. So you might want to re-evaluate your assumptions.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-12-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Let’s be honest, isn’t a sidearm just a decorative piece for the command staff at most agencies anyway?

I’m not saying they don’t have some need to be armed, but I’d be surprised if most of them knew anything about their particular firearm beyond which end the hurty-thing comes out of.
    Based in your extensive LE experience ?

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yup - and it was a problem. Likely part of why she’s not chief anymore.

I also doubt Heather Fong owns a personal firearm or carries off duty.

Going back to the SLO Chief what are you basing your assumptions on ? Her appearance ?

Because she looks like a lesbian ? Because I’ve worked with a bunch of lesbian cops and with one glaring exception they have been good cops. In fact one was a bad ass, great cop. She was like Dagga Boy if he was a chick who liked chicks if you can wrap your head around that. So you might want to re-evaluate your assumptions.
    LL is a big boy and can speak for himself, but what's a lesbian look like? I've worked with plenty too. Some you could kind of guess by mannerisms or, in one case I knew of, their tattoos. Plenty just looked like an M1A1 standard issue cop, female type, 1each. And who they chose to bunk with was none of my business anyway. The old "They (insert the they of choice here)all look alike to me" is pretty presumptive too. It is a pretty safe ASSuMEumption that ANY big city chief in this country, especially in CA, probably leans left of center politically. IME that position is basically a political appointment. Agreed that their personal politics dont have much to do with the incident, we had similar happen to all ranks, including at least one really switched on dude. Divided attention/distraction bites us all at some point or another

FWIW, one of our agents used to work with this chief when they were both patrol officers in Arizona. He said that she's actually a great cop, was very well respected for being on point, ethical, and could handle herself in a fight.

Sometimes good people fuck up, too. I thought it was interesting for him to come out in support of her in such a manner, given most administration level LEOs are usually derided by the rank and file.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I'm not saying it's acceptable, but it could happen to anyone...All it takes is getting distracted at the wrong time. By the grace of God it hasn't happened to me, but I did forget my gun in the trunk of my patrol car once years ago. I got in a hurry leaving the jail after they dispatched a hot call and forgot it. Not a good feeling when I got to the call and reached for something that wasn't there. At least it was in my trunk and not a jail locker.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    FYI
    Laramie/male/2005/emailed the entire dept re what he did an wrote himself a reprimand
    https://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...d12be780d.html

Prescott Valley/male/2017/apparently did not notice he left in the bathroom for 4 days.
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...oom/882646001/

Oak Harbor/male/2016/ultimately resigned/it was reported he had time with the LAPD Gang Unit, 30 year cop.
    https://www.heraldnet.com/news/oak-h...troom-resigns/
    Thanks. Here was the one from Dayton/ Wright State University:
    https://www.journal-news.com/news/lo...Y8vtClWaT615K/
    2012/male/Chief "disciplined" himself with 4 hours of firearms training (training = punishment?). He wound up being fired a year latter for a pattern of misconduct.
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 07-12-2019 at 05:23 PM.

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I'm glad to hear that. Stolen guns scare the poop out of me.

User Tag List