Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another chief leaves firearm in bathroom

Another chief leaves firearm in bathroom

"San Luis Obispo’s police chief is speaking out after she says her personal firearm was taken when she left it in a public restroom.
    She said the gun was in a holster but she removed it because it did not stay clipped to her pants.

Cantrell says she noticed her mistake within minutes, but that when she went back, the gun was gone. It has not been recovered."
    https://ksby.com/news/2019/07/10/slo...urant-restroom

She joins a list of recent forgetful chiefs from Laramie, Prescott Valley, Oak Harbor, & Dayton...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 07-11-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Another chief leaves firearm in bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    "San Luis Obispo’s police chief is speaking out after she says her personal firearm was taken when she left it in a public restroom.
    She said the gun was in a holster but she removed it because it did not stay clipped to her pants.

Cantrell says she noticed her mistake within minutes, but that when she went back, the gun was gone. It has not been recovered."
    https://ksby.com/news/2019/07/10/slo...urant-restroom

She joins a list of recent forgetful chiefs from Laramie, Prescott Valley, Oak Harbor, & Dayton...
    Totally, 100% unsat. Being an armed professional means that you’re held to a higher standard, IMO. How hard is it to conduct a quick inventory of sensitive items prior to leaving the stall?Sidearm, creds, spare mags, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 07-11-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Banned
    How does something that important slip your mind in the time it takes to go to the bathroom?

Maybe it's because I've heard all the horror stories but any time I've ever had to use the bathroom in public it was like my gun glowed in the dark until it was back in my pants.

CWM11B
    Divided attention and distraction. That's why you have a mental checklist, but that's not 100%. My former agency had several incidents similar to this over the years. From all ranks.

A liberal, too. I’ll bet money she hasn’t qualified with that weapon in years.

Why do chiefs wear ridiculous 4 star general rank?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

Copy that LL. I'll give them an eagle, but 4 stars? No frappin way!

How would she respond if one of her officers did that? That might be a good yardstick for a response in this case.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

chief had to duty
    but she forgot her weapon
    wishes she held it
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

I've seen a chief who had more stars on his uniform than had officers who worked for him.
    Last edited by ssb; 07-11-2019 at 09:22 PM.

I’m just speculating, but if I was a betting man I’m guessing “she” was hired not because of her ability to do the job, but because she checked several boxes that played into the Ca political climate.

User Tag List