Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing 411 - Canam Missing Project

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Yep, David has stated he will speak in front of any audience who is interested in having him... nothing too surprising there. That does not mean he believes it to be the work of aliens, however.

Just to be sure I haven't created any hard feelings, I wasn't commenting upon whether he did or did not believe that 'aliens' had anything to do with it. Only that, considering the subject matter, the possibility that "aliens did it!" was bound to show up.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Just to be sure I haven't created any hard feelings, I wasn't commenting upon whether he did or did not believe that 'aliens' had anything to do with it. Only that, considering the subject matter, the possibility that "aliens did it!" was bound to show up.
    No hard feelings, just wanted to clarify anyways. I personally would not be surprised if that had something to do with these occurrences. But, I have had an experience which opened my mind to the possibilities of what could be out there.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Thank you for that very helpful link! Moving on with life.

I've always loved listening to his interviews. Same with Linda Moulton Howe.

I find the subject matter facinating.

I've spent months in the woods at a time and have some weird experiences. The story of the boots found with the foot bones in them with the socks and pants pulled down with the bones snapped was pretty creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Thank you for that very helpful link! Moving on with life.
    That author seems a bit to eager to dismiss some of the points presented.

"Only 14 miles" pssh, I ran that yesterday...

My 1 year old didn't though.

"What's the NPS supposed to do?" Maybe document missing people?

As much as I'm into true crime, especially disappearances, I can't watch or listen to Paulides.

This is funny timing because I've been doing a deep dive into Paulides' stuff as research for an upcoming book.

He raises some valid concerns about law enforcement in National Parks and other public lands, particularly a lack of coordination and information sharing, and wraps them in a layer of bullshit.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    That author seems a bit to eager to dismiss some of the points presented.

"Only 14 miles" pssh, I ran that yesterday...

My 1 year old didn't though.

"What's the NPS supposed to do?" Maybe document missing people?
    I get that. I would actually just like to know the actual numbers of missing people in the parks. I disregard supernatural explanations, but would be interested in the scope of the problem between crime, getting lost and dying of exposure, animal attacks, just bad luck like a tree fall, exactly how big is this problem? What I see with this guy is documenting maybe a real problem then wrapping it in a bunch of spooky non answers. I don’t think it will be helpful.

And I agree, the NPS should be documenting this. Too many people think the Parks are just a big benign playground, that is far from true.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I get that. I would actually just like to know the actual numbers of missing people in the parks. I disregard supernatural explanations, but would be interested in the scope of the problem between crime, getting lost and dying of exposure, animal attacks, just bad luck like a tree fall, exactly how big is this problem? What I see with this guy is documenting maybe a real problem then wrapping it in a bunch of spooky non answers. I don’t think it will be helpful.

And I agree, the NPS should be documenting this. Too many people think the Parks are just a big benign playground, that is far from true.
    I appreciate his non answers. He's not in a position to know what is going on. He's merely presenting the facts.

He has said on multiple occasions that he doesn't present what he thinks is the cause because it continues to change.

I don't think he has the numbers. The NPS does and is willing to disclose it but they need their coin first.

User Tag List