Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing 411 - Canam Missing Project

Missing 411 - Canam Missing Project

I recently happened upon David Paulides work concerning missing people who disappear without a trace in National Park or Forest Lands. David has written a series of books titled Missing 411 which document the cases he has researched over the years that fit his criteria. The books are the best sources of raw data you can get if you are curious about learning more.

David excludes any cases where there are signs of foul play or animal attacks, these are cases with no suspects and no signs that can be found via tracking dogs or experienced trackers and large search parties with hundreds of people of several days to weeks. There are similarities between a very large number of these cases that are inexplicable, such as victims being found in an area that has been searched well over a dozen times, victims being found without boots on, etc.

The following are a couple of good interviews with David which I've listened to, but long so be warned.

David's Youtube channel is Canam Missing Project, https://www.youtube.com/user/canammissingproject/videos

Here is a couple videos of one cases where he traveled to the location of the disappearance to document.

David had also asked Survivorman's Les Stroud to try and recreate one of the disappearances of a young boy who had been found miles away from where he disappeared in pitch black of night.

I have been extremely interested in these cases personally, thought I would share here incase anybody wanted to learn about this stuff.

I’m very interested in this stuff as well...

I bought the first book, because, outdoor mysteries; PacNW (including the Collville forest and W Montana). The thing gave me the heebie-jeebies. Some of those cases where they find perfectly folded pants with bones in them by the side of a hiking path that had been searched countless times will keep one up at night thinking. Crazy stuff. This guy finally breaking he linkage blindness thing with local LE v the parks is pretty compelling.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I find this stuff interesting too. Any idea where to catch the documentary?

Reminds me of this movie. I was on edge of my seat for all of it. Ended a little goofy though.

Last edited by MGW; 07-11-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I don't believe fairy tales, sea stories, or bigfoot lore.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Hammertime
    So, I watched the first trailer. Without wasting a lot of time watching all the videos posted, what is proposed as the problem? Serial killers? Boogieman? Aliens? Animals?

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I don't believe fairy tales, sea stories, or bigfoot lore.
    Respectfully, this is not related to Bigfoot in any way. Just the facts, the author does not make any attempts at what may have done this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    So, I watched the first trailer. Without wasting a lot of time watching all the videos posted, what is proposed as the problem? Serial killers? Boogieman? Aliens? Animals?
    Frankly, nobody who has read all of his books can give any explanation for what's happening. We don't have anything other than the facts and similarities between cases and search efforts have not found anything for remains in most cases. David does not believe it to be any of those things doing this, he insists there is not anything he can come up with that could explain what is happening.

The best I can offer is this speech David gave to UFO related group... covers quite a bit of ground with the main scope of everything in about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I find this stuff interesting too. Any idea where to catch the documentary?
    Two documentaries for sale here... also books available at the same website. I have no affiliation with any of this, btw... do not buy the books/videos on Amazon. David sells through his website only for much less than inflated reseller copies on Amazon.

https://www.canammissing.com/missing...he-hunted.html

https://www.canammissing.com/missing...the-movie.html
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 07-11-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    David does not believe it to be any of those things doing this, he insists there is not anything he can come up with that could explain what is happening.

The best I can offer is this speech David gave to UFO related group... covers quite a bit of ground with the main scope of everything in about an hour.

Name:  awiens.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  25.2 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List