Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: So, Just What Are the Checks and Limits on Presidential Power?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @wvincent

No apologies necessary. The thread was opened as a vehicle for all to express their points of view. I respect all positions that are offered in good faith. The exchange of perspectives is a good thing, imho, whether we all agree or not.
    Thanks! Kind of like the same reason that I never put ANYONE (no matter how tempting) on my ignore list, I may not agree, but that is where the learning usually occurs.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Thanks! Kind of like the same reason that I never put ANYONE (no matter how tempting) on my ignore list, I may not agree, but that is where the learning usually occurs.
    You're a better man than I. I admit there are a couple names on my list...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Yea you kind of did.

In a democratic Republic all interests are represented. Therefore compromise is required. The argument that only one side should win doesn't work in a free society, only in tyrannies.
    Our Republic has a constitution that is supposed to protect everyone's freedom and basic rights. That doesn't mean that someone's "interests" have to be represented and others have to compromise. Citizens shouldn't have to compromise on their freedom or basic rights. You are right, about only one side should win. If you got that from anything I posted, it certainly wasn't intentional as I don't believe it.

Also not intentional would be an inference that I believe GOP is right and DEM is wrong. Both parties contain large portions of the swamp.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

User Tag List