Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: So, Just What Are the Checks and Limits on Presidential Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You have to play the hand you're dealt. Raging on twitter seems to me to be something a teenage girl might do. Very juvenile. Judging from Trump's tweets we have an adolescent girl running the country.
    The hand he was dealt, sucked. Between the "never trumper's" in his own party, and the entrenched bureaucracy that was full of "not my President," "I'm not following those orders cause Orange Man Bad", he had an uphill battle from day one. Oh, all the career elitist fucks who were going to be heroes and save the Union by exposing all of his graft and collusion!
    We elected him on the mandate that he ran on, and he's had to run down a tack filled hallway in his bare feet every day since. Kind of hard to effect policy when you spend most of your time having to appeal injunctions handed out by the ninth circuit of clowns on damn near every policy shift you attempt to enact.
    Now, don't be mistaken, he is certainly not my favorite person in this world, but, he is our duly elected president. Oh, he didn't win the popular vote? DGAF. You want a popular vote President? Fine, draw the lines right now. Flyover country will starve you out so fast, it will make your head spin. All these elitist's and limousine liberals in the population centers of enlitenment think they know whats best for the unwashed masses. So no big deal in trying to nullify our vote's with their bullshit hyperbole.
    I think both sides were fine with letting him be a 4 year failure so they could teach us a lesson. See, this is why you must have a professional politician, this shit is so hard, no room anybody not in the "club".
    I'm fine with the twitter for one reason, your hearing it straight from him, no one gets to spin it or distort it. Eloquent he isn't, but I wasn't voting for Miss Manners or a Poet Laureate.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Pentagon is on its third "acting" SecDef in 2019.
    That's not the Dems.
    That's not the Republicans
    That's not the deep state.
    That's not the swamp.
    That's not fake news.

That's Trump.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 07-15-2019 at 10:16 PM.

So? You think that endangers us? He's the boss, he get's to pick his people. That's Trump.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

The hand he was dealt, sucked. Between the "never trumper's" in his own party, and the entrenched bureaucracy that was full of "not my President," "I'm not following those orders cause Orange Man Bad", he had an uphill battle from day one.
    I'm not so sure it would have been any different for Hillary. She would have had a majority GOP congress to deal with. She got some pretty bad press as sec of state before she ever campaigned for president. Trump was more or less clean going in with no history of doing dumb shit things in the public eye.

You make it sound like the entire DC establishment that Trump maligned continually for 8 months, including republicans, should just dismiss everything he said and fall into line. I don't think the swamp wanted to be drained or so it seems. I don't hear too much about that anymore.

You suggest that Obama was well liked and had no opposition in congress. He had plenty and his popularity was about the same as Trumps at this point in his presidency. The difference was he knew when to keep his mouth shut and refrain from pissing off people in key positions.

If Obama can get reelected so can Trump but it's not going to happen if he can't stop tweeting like a highschool girl that just got laid. The latest was some pretty deranged shit.
    Last edited by Borderland; 07-15-2019 at 11:32 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I missed the period during Trump's time in office when the GOP controlled the House of Representatives.

It is debatable as well as to whether Trump has had "control" of the House or the Senate.
    Duh. Fixed.
    I blame multi-tasking...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    So? You think that endangers us? He's the boss, he get's to pick his people. That's Trump.
    Yes that endangers us. They decided to shift into "hey lets get into a pushy shovey with Iran" mode without anyone at the helm. Thats gloriously stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Yes that endangers us. They decided to shift into "hey lets get into a pushy shovey with Iran" mode without anyone at the helm. Thats gloriously stupid.
    Yeah, your right. We could have just loaded up some more pallets of cash and flown them to Tehran. "Bought" us some more peace. You know, "Peace in our lifetime", and shit. Plus, it isn't our fault that the cash gets funnel'd to their fave terrorist groups. Nope, our hands are clean. The agreement the former administration brokered was their last, desperate grasp at having a foreign policy legacy. Most admins try, but Obama and Biden and Kerry just really, really sucked at it. Hence, their desperation to get something, anything in the history books.
    But hey, Iran just offered to put their ballistic missile program on the negotiating table in return for some sanction relief.
    Guess Orange man bad still though, huh?

Yeah, your right. We could have just loaded up some more pallets of cash and flown them to Tehran. "Bought" us some more peace. You know, "Peace in our lifetime", and shit. Plus, it isn't our fault that the cash gets funnel'd to their fave terrorist groups. Nope, our hands are clean. The agreement the former administration brokered was their last, desperate grasp at having a foreign policy legacy. Most admins try, but Obama and Biden and Kerry just really, really sucked at it. Hence, their desperation to get something, anything in the history books.
    But hey, Iran just offered to put their ballistic missile program on the negotiating table in return for some sanction relief.
    Guess Orange man bad still though, huh?
    So its important to double down on stupid?
    Literally nothing of that has anything to do with the fact there is no defense secretary. Are you contending we need to step up aggressive tactics against Iran but can't take the minimum effort of actually having people in charge?

That doesn't pass the Nurse Cratchett test.

My apologies to @blues for drifting this thread in my last couple of post's.
    You want checks and balances on Trump's Presidential power?
    All the Dem's, quite a few Repub's, the DOJ (Page, Mcabe, Comey, Strzok, Bruce and Nelly Orr), some members of the Intel community I'm sure, most of the MSM, the 9th Circuit, that British fuck, Steele, the most recently former ambassador from the UK, to name a few.
    Yeah, I would say he is checked and balanced.

My apologies to @blues for drifting this thread in my last couple of post's.
    You want checks and balances on Trump's Presidential power?
    All the Dem's, quite a few Repub's, the DOJ (Page, Mcabe, Comey, Strzok, Bruce and Nelly Orr), some members of the Intel community I'm sure, most of the MSM, the 9th Circuit, that British fuck, Steele, the most recently former ambassador from the UK, to name a few.
    Yeah, I would say he is checked and balanced.
    @wvincent

No apologies necessary. The thread was opened as a vehicle for all to express their points of view. I respect all positions that are offered in good faith. The exchange of perspectives is a good thing, imho, whether we all agree or not.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List