Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FL Cop planted meth on numerous stops

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    This is a matter in which I think the punishment should be severe. Damn near capital offense severe.
    I am a propnent of equity law. In this case, it would not be unreasonable to exact the maximum sentence for each guilty verdict that he obtained by false accusation, served consecutively.

(Similar to requiring the same for every person (including judges) involved in granting sentence reduction or parole to violent criminals who then go on to perpetrate additional violent crimes.)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Nobody hates crooked cops more than honest cops. I've been part of getting one sleaze fired and another a seven year Federal stretch. Here's hoping this clown gets a long sentence and has to serve it in gen pop.
    /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    As I understand it, the bill (now law) requires any MJ prosecution to prove a THC content greater than 0.3%. The intent was to enable the production of hemp and products derived from hemp (with a wink and nod to legalizing CBD that met the <0.3% THC threshold).

End of story, right? #notsofast

Since the new law requires accredited laboratory proof of THC concentration in excess of 0.3% for ANY MJ prosecution, and few (apparently only 1) labs in the state are accredited to perform the analysis, municipalities are deciding not to prosecute simple possession cases (>4oz seems to be the emerging threshold for prosecution) due to the difficulty of proving THC concentration.

Unintended consequences.

Text of law: https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/86...l/HB01325F.htm

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news...travis-county/
    This is the exact situation in SC as well. Only one lab in the whole state can handle it. De facto legalization in many small departments.

Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    This is the exact situation in SC as well. Only one lab in the whole state can handle it. De facto legalization in many small departments.
    A significant number of scholarly studies in the last 25 years have demonstrated that marijuana use appears causative for increases in psychoses such as schizophrenia.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?h..._ylo=&as_vis=0

These are not just correlation analysis, finding that people with a current mental illness are disproportionately users. These are longitudinal studies that show the marijuana use comes first, with the mental illness later in life.

So much for the "harmless" effect of creating an entire cultural subset that is clinically insane (are we still allowed to use that term). You cannot plant weeds and (reasonably) expect corn. But the yield will be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    ...creating an entire cultural subset that is clinically insane....
    If you think the entire subset of marijuana users are clinically insane you are the one that needs mental health treatment.

Screw him. He should get the maximum for every count.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    As a heads up, we're not going to have the marijuana legalization debate in this thread. We can have it, and have had it, but this isn't the right thread for it. You've both had your salvo, further comments on the topic will be deleted.

For your convenience, the thread you are looking for is: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-and-Violence
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

If found guilty or when he pleads, LWOP as a very punitive example.

User Tag List