Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Springfield operator LE trade ins

These are the first 1911 LE trade-ins that I've ever seen. I don't think we've seen the last of the S&W LE trade-in revolvers, so I suspect that more 1911's will enter the pipeline as time goes on.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    These are the first 1911 LE trade-ins that I've ever seen. I don't think we've seen the last of the S&W LE trade-in revolvers, so I suspect that more 1911's will enter the pipeline as time goes on.

Okie John
    Same here. Makes me giddy. LOL Do you suppose in lesser "woke" and PC times more decommissioned 1911s were bought by the users?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Just FYI for anyone who likes Springfield Armory pistols and wants another one, you can now buy a brand new Mil-Spec for under $500. Solid gun for the money.

Sloth saved me from a helluva fight...
    I own one .45acp that hasn't been fired in nearly 2yrs;
    I drool over something 9mm Commander-ish a few times a week;
    I've made it clear that my next big expenditure will be a .32 LCR & bulk ammo order;
    I'm with team Fuck Springfield;

And I'd have had no choice but to spend $650 for one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Same here. Makes me giddy. LOL Do you suppose in lesser "woke" and PC times more decommissioned 1911s were bought by the users?
    I wouldn't be surprised.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The only reason I didn't jump on these when I got the original email from Sportsman's is that I already own an MC Operator. Still, I kinda regret not grabbing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yeah I paid about $1100 out the door for mine new. At the time it was that vs a used TRP for $1300 at my LGS and I wanted the rail gun weight. No regrets. Quite a few months later my guy at the LGS says "Hey we have a TRP in the back put up with your name on it" when I was looking for a "deployment" pistol for one of the lads returning soon. Same gun, grabbed it. He has shot the heck out of it and it runs and runs and is very precise. I have had great results with SA pistols.

I miss mine a whole hell of a lot. That gun just worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    How much time and/or money is going to be required to deal with any issues that may be present in a “good” or “fair” condition trade-in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

While relatively clueless on the machinations of the famous 1911, I was intending to look at a Springfield Operator as a viable choice if I ever went down that path. This was a steal, and thankfully I missed it (this time).
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    So...the 1911 is calling again, eh?
    Never stopped calling, but two years of carrying a steel framed 9mm Commander (42oz loaded) wore me out. Didn’t feel like spending the money to buy a LW replacement at the time, but after six months of Glocks, I’m ready to go back. Was looking at a LW Wilson CCO build and decided to give DW a shot. I found a new 9mm Valkyrie CCO on GB, it should be here tomorrow.
    Last edited by StraitR; 07-11-2019 at 10:35 AM.

User Tag List