Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92C DA pull...

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    That's news to me; on his website, just the Wilson Combat one (that he designed with Bill Wilson is my understanding) is available, without any verbiage stipulating any further mods.

Can you be a bit more specific?

Or, better yet, Ernest, if you're reading this, your comments would certainly be welcome.

Best, Jon
    Yup, we just launched yesterday late afternoon. There is a youtube video up on the Elite LTT tread.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yup, we just launched yesterday late afternoon. There is a youtube video up on the Elite LTT tread.
    Thanks-PM sent.

Best, Jon

All 4 of my TJIBs have Wilson bars and they all dropped right in. At one point I was experimenting and tried the Wilson bar in another gun where it dropped in also.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Ernest: I just ordered one (and depending on how much I like it might be ordering a whole bunch more). One point, though. While I loved the part of your video showing the very short reset (a reset to die--or at least pay $67--for!) i had a hard time hearing what you were saying in the video. Now that might just be my crummy computer speakers. or perhaps my shot-out ears (ex-armored cav) but my guess is that others might be having a hard time as well.

I just got off the phone with Aimee Langdon at LTT; the shorter reset of the Optimized Triggerbar affects the reset distance for the follow-up (single-action) shots on a DA/SA 92, not the DA reset itself, so there is no real advantage to me for my 92D in switching to it from my Wilson Combat/Langdon triggerbar (which I've been exceptionally pleased with).

I'd briefly hoped that the new Optimized one would provide a shorter DA/DAO reset (as the 92D's reset is a very revolver-like one, essentially with the trigger needing to go fully forward to achieve reset), but checking with the source confirmed no dice.

Regardless, kudos to Ernest and LTT for their continued refinements to the 92 platform. This new triggerbar will be of significant advantage to all you non-snowflakes like myself and other 92D-inistas.

Hmm, perhaps a M9A1 may meander into my future...

Best, Jon

Best, Jon
    Do it Jon!

Site Supporter
    I plan to pick up the optimized trigger bar soon. Thanks, Ernest. Also looking forward to seeing what's up with the new 92 compact project.

I just got off the phone with Aimee Langdon at LTT; the shorter reset of the Optimized Triggerbar affects the reset distance for the follow-up (single-action) shots on a DA/SA 92, not the DA reset itself, so there is no real advantage to me for my 92D in switching to it from my Wilson Combat/Langdon triggerbar (which I've been exceptionally pleased with).

I'd briefly hoped that the new Optimized one would provide a shorter DA/DAO reset (as the 92D's reset is a very revolver-like one, essentially with the trigger needing to go fully forward to achieve reset), but checking with the source confirmed no dice.

Regardless, kudos to Ernest and LTT for their continued refinements to the 92 platform. This new triggerbar will be of significant advantage to all you non-snowflakes like myself and other 92D-inistas.

Best, Jon
    Only know one person with one, due to hand size, but would yours be a case where the Wilson Short reset trigger, might provide you with what your looking for on a D gun?

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Only know one person with one, due to hand size, but would yours be a case where the Wilson Short reset trigger, might provide you with what your looking for on a D gun?
    No, it won't, for several reasons (but thanks for the suggestion). On a 92D, especially with the ultra-thin Langdon LTT grips (or with the similar Wilson Combat or VZ Ultra-Thins), the issue isn't one of trigger finger reach, it's simply the long trigger reset, which essentially necessitates that the trigger go fully forward.

The other issue is that apparently some leveraging issues with the short trigger; I'm not sure exactly what they are (and they don't sound operationally crippling with the short trigger, just that it provides a less than optimal result), but when I addressed the question to Wilson Combat several years ago, they strongly suggested that I stick with the OEM trigger, as it provides the best trigger pull (unless, or course, I had such small hands/fingers that the short trigger was more of an absolute necessity).

The triggerpull with a 92D is very similar to a revolver; long, with a long reset-no shortcuts. A shorter DAO reset might help offset the difficulty in shooting a relatively heavy and long barrel/slide gun single-handed only, where the changing balances and finger position as you pull through the long trigger make single-handed shooting a bit of an acquired skill (at least for me).

Best, Jon

No, it won't, for several reasons (but thanks for the suggestion). On a 92D, especially with the ultra-thin Langdon LTT grips (or with the similar Wilson Combat or VZ Ultra-Thins), the issue isn't one of trigger finger reach, it's simply the long trigger reset, which essentially necessitates that the trigger go fully forward.

The other issue is that apparently some leveraging issues with the short trigger; I'm not sure exactly what they are (and they don't sound operationally crippling with the short trigger, just that it provides a less than optimal result), but when I addressed the question to Wilson Combat several years ago, they strongly suggested that I stick with the OEM trigger, as it provides the best trigger pull (unless, or course, I had such small hands/fingers that the short trigger was more of an absolute necessity).

The triggerpull with a 92D is very similar to a revolver; long, with a long reset-no shortcuts. A shorter DAO reset might help offset the difficulty in shooting a relatively heavy and long barrel/slide gun single-handed only, where the changing balances and finger position as you pull through the long trigger make single-handed shooting a bit of an acquired skill (at least for me).

Best, Jon
    Thanks. I ordered one of the SRT, just to have on hand/parts box (eventually would like a D model Centurion and another 92 just to play around with/range toy). I thought the trigger was at more of an angle, that would give the illusion of a shorter reset, but won't help that even further back, it still has to go fully forward.

User Tag List