Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92C DA pull...

Site Supporter

Beretta 92C DA pull...

I've always loved my 92c... except for the DA pull. There's a pronounced "hitch" about halfway through the stroke. The travel basically stops, if I'm pulling through it slowly. Then it breaks loose, uncontrollably, and the hammer falls. It's basically impossible to keep the front sight steady at the break (for me, anyway).

Is this typical for non-trigger-jobbed 92s? This is a 2015 Italian compact, purchased new, all stock other than a Wilson hammer spring. It's not that the pull is heavy, per se (it is heavy). But none of my other DA/SA guns, regardless of pull weight, have such a pronounced hang up in DA. Anything I can do to smooth it out, short of Mr. Langdon's trigger job in a bag or a trip to Wilson?

Thanks.

Time for a Langdon TJIAB. It’s worth every penny.

Try a different trigger bar. I’ve made that hitch you describe go away in more than one gun with a new one. One such gun was a Brig Tac that I got used and I’m pretty sure had a Wilson action job. DA was light, it had a very very nasty hitch at the end. New trigger bar and instant relief.

What you're describing is characteristic of wear at the rear portion of the surface-hardened OEM triggerbar; replace it with a thorough-hardened Wilson Combat one and the hitch will disappear, and you can use a lighter mainspring, lightening your DA triggerpull. The triggerbar replacement is key, but going a bit further is the LTT Trigger Job In A Bag (TJIB), which is well worth the money-icing on the cake.

You can buy the triggerbar as a single item either from Wilson Combat or LTT if desired, or as a part of the TJIB or Wilson's Ultimate Action Tune Kit, Beretta 90 Series.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 07-10-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Site Supporter
    I've got the TJIB in my compact as well. Really great kit. MAkes a huge difference.

Don't forget that Ernest also just released the "Optimized Trigger Bar" that reduces the reset distance.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for all the responses, guys. Definitely answers my question. And the explanation makes sense. Add this to the list of gun-things to buy/do.

I realize the Wilson trigger bar often needs fitting... there's some Youtube videos. Is the TJIB more of a drop-in affair? Haven't heard much about the optimized trigger bar. But... sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses, guys. Definitely answers my question. And the explanation makes sense. Add this to the list of gun-things to buy/do.

I realize the Wilson trigger bar often needs fitting... there's some Youtube videos. Is the TJIB more of a drop-in affair? Haven't heard much about the optimized trigger bar. But... sounds cool.
    I’ve done two TJIAB and they both dropped right in. Now that Langdon has the optimized trigger bar available, I’d just get a TJIAB with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

The Wilson Combat triggerbar these days often DOESN'T need any fitting-awhile back, they modified it so that for most 92s it became a drop-in proposition. It's been that way for a couple of years now.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Don't forget that Ernest also just released the "Optimized Trigger Bar" that reduces the reset distance.
    That's news to me; on his website, just the Wilson Combat one (that he designed with Bill Wilson is my understanding) is available, without any verbiage stipulating any further mods.

Can you be a bit more specific?

Or, better yet, Ernest, if you're reading this, your comments would certainly be welcome.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 07-11-2019 at 03:02 PM.

User Tag List