Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Yeah, Tampa here. But who knows with these things. Get supplies and cash, and gas up the car is about all we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stay safe RJ.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    We have one of these yet?
    Yes.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ne-Season-2019
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I'm well stocked on peanut butter, whiskey & toilet paper. Just need to keep the roof over my head.

I think @StraitR has the most risk right now, being furthest north & east of us CFL'rs.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hanging out in Charleston SC. Generator is ready, as are tarps and propane tanks.

Removed the big tree next to the house so we will see how this year goes. Going to grab fuel before work Friday.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

@jwperry We're as ready as we can be. Spent the evening gassing everything up, then a second trip out to refill all the cans. I have about 25 gallons for generators, which will run my two little Honda's in parallel for a week based on our past usage. Got them out, filled, and running. Food, water, fuel, generators, chemlights, batteries out the wazoo. All the normal stuff is done and double-checked. Checked in with neighbors. Everyone is pretty set. Just another hurricane season in Florida.

If Dorian keeps tracking on its current projected 5 day path, I'll be spending most of the day Saturday filling sandbags in the backyard. Always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    We have one of these yet?
    Wow, I was going to post this, forget starting the other thread...

Salt Mines HQ just sent out an "All Hands" message saying that if you're in the mandatory evacuation zones in the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Mississippi and Alabama then you need to GTFO. Hopefully the lessons of Harvey/Irma/Maria are fresh enough that there will be more ants than grasshoppers.

We're down 3 in my office, wondering if HQ will force local's hand and make them send me off for a month and a half of mandatory OT...
    Last edited by Drang; 08-28-2019 at 09:04 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

31% of a Cat 4 when it hits Florida.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Do...ajor-Hurricane

Name:  wu-nhc-tracking-dorian-21Z-8.28.19-835px_0.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  66.8 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Just another hurricane season in Florida.
    Unless they live in hurricane country, people don't understand that. Since we've lived here there have only been four years when we didn't have a storm or hurricane, but we kept up the yearly average by having multiples in other years.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I'm normally pretty calm about these things, but for some reason this one is concerning me. We're in N Palm Beach County, almost due east of The Lake. Track is still projecting north of us, but even if it stays on track we'll feel it. Currently looking at Naples and Cape Coral on Air BnB.

Mostly I just get mad at these things. We have a house and a workshop building, and we haven't wanted to drop the cash on windows, haven't wanted to junk up the look of the house with shutters... Then we have the MIL's house, which we own, that at least has shutters but guess who gets to go put them up? And, she has COPD and is on 24/7 oxygen so she's basically another dependent (aka, heartbeat that looks at my like "what do we do now?" after refusing to do anything to prepare ahead of time) in addition to the wife, two girls, and two dogs (cat's on his own man). Plus our rental house down in Lauderdale which at least out of the cone of death at the moment.

Only real reason I haven't popped for the window replacement is that the $50k "investment" is likely to just be money flushed down the commode when we move in 1-3 years. Plus if I get "my" windows the wife is gonna have to get "her" kitchen for an equal or greater cost. Might just go ahead and junk up the house with accordions once this is over. Or just go ahead and make the move now and put that $100k into a house that has proper windows and a kitchen w(sh)e can live with.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm normally pretty calm about these things, but for some reason this one is concerning me. We're in N Palm Beach County, almost due east of The Lake. Track is still projecting north of us, but even if it stays on track we'll feel it. Currently looking at Naples and Cape Coral on Air BnB.

Mostly I just get mad at these things. We have a house and a workshop building, and we haven't wanted to drop the cash on windows, haven't wanted to junk up the look of the house with shutters... Then we have the MIL's house, which we own, that at least has shutters but guess who gets to go put them up? And, she has COPD and is on 24/7 oxygen so she's basically another dependent (aka, heartbeat that looks at my like "what do we do now?" after refusing to do anything to prepare ahead of time) in addition to the wife, two girls, and two dogs (cat's on his own man). Plus our rental house down in Lauderdale which at least out of the cone of death at the moment.

Only real reason I haven't popped for the window replacement is that the $50k "investment" is likely to just be money flushed down the commode when we move in 1-3 years. Plus if I get "my" windows the wife is gonna have to get "her" kitchen for an equal or greater cost. Might just go ahead and junk up the house with accordions once this is over. Or just go ahead and make the move now and put that $100k into a house that has proper windows and a kitchen w(sh)e can live with.
    I feel baf laughing at your situation but you describe it in a funny manner.

Poor kitty...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List