Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Season 2019

In the meantime, there's a new disturbance forming off the African coast.
    Atlantic 2-Day Graphical Tropical Weather Outlook
    40% chance of cyclone formation in the next five days, but who knows after that?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Weather Channel Hurricane Central reporting Dorian as Cat 4 as of 8:30pm. That's over 24 hours earlier than current NOAA.NHC projections. Yuck.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 8.34.11 PM.png
Views: 236
Size:  76.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I don't begrudge people having generators, but I wish they'd get the gas for them a couple of weeks out. It's no fun trying to evacuate when you can't find gas for your car because the folks with generators have been buying all their gas at the last minute.
    A rotation system is where it’s at. I keep seven cans (goal is 12, you’ll see why in a minute) and rotate them out and refill them every 60-90 days. Eventual plan is to get 5 more “preban” blitz cans and have an easy dozen. Gives me an easy 60 gallon fuel supply that’s never older than 12 months. Combine that with a more fuel efficient inverter generator and I’ll be pretty well.

I did have to go fill up a couple cans this morning because I’d gotten a bit lazy and out of sync. Whoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Friday night drop from Tropical Tidbits. Definitely the best source of digestible storm info.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1167590283531444224

Edit: I'm not seeing the tweet, anyone else?
    Last edited by Drang; 08-30-2019 at 08:58 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post

Edit: I'm not seeing the tweet, anyone else?
    I see it.

11pm update: Come on baby, TURN!!! The weakening part is nice too.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 10.58.34 PM.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 10.59.47 PM.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  48.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Friday night drop from Tropical Tidbits. Definitely the best source of digestible storm info.

+1 on that. I used to read Dr. Jeff Masters (wunderground/cat6) but he's almost as bad as the hyperventilating local weather dorks. Levi's blog is straight up fact without the drama.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I am real tired of these fuckin storms hitting when I’m out of the state but all the shit I care about is stuck there. My wife is 8.5 months pregnant so she can’t evacuate, and although the tracks are showing that Miami-Dade probably won’t get completely blasted, I’d feel a lot better if I was home.
    If she can make it across alligator Alley, have her go to Ft Myers. Well out of the worse of all the issues and not a big evacuation point because everyone is heading north.
    Should only be a 2.5-3 hour drive with stops for bathroom breaks in the middle.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

User Tag List