Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PSA: Assume Nothing (No Drama Involved)

Seecamps are cool but the p32 is the secret shame carry gun of P-F.

Mine is a tank, been through 1k rounds and going strong, and half the felt recoil of my wife's Tomcat. Breaks down like a Glock.

It makes sticking to my "armed 100% of the time if it's legal" commitment easy. Aside from the shit sights and zero bragging rights, the only drawback is the fact that it is too easy to forget I'm packing.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I just picked up a p32 at Palmetto -- 150 bucks (on sale periodically). Interested to see how it shoots. I got tired of the nastiness of the LCP, seemed like it always bit my trigger finger.

I have a 340 pd, so I don't need the p32, but it might be useful with some types of clothing. I tend to wear cargo shorts for the same reason JAD mentioned, and the 340 is fine with those. The 340pd is not a cheap gun, but I've certainly got my use out of it.

When we had the ranch we never ventured anywhere sans arms. Because our then environment included bear, cougar, wolverine, etc, (and the occasional bipedal mouth-breather who "accidentally" traveled a half-mile up a private road after coming through a gate), the premise of being unarmed was not on the menu.

Several copies of the "The Original Tommy's Gun Pack", developed and manufactured by Kickin' A Packs 'N Stuff, hung at each egress point, with G21's, spare mag, and pepper spray in each, ready for quick donning for unplanned or impromptu exits.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post

Mine is a tank, been through 1k rounds and going strong, and half the felt recoil of my wife's Tomcat. Breaks down like a Glock.

It makes sticking to my "armed 100% of the time if it's legal" commitment easy. Aside from the shit sights and zero bragging rights, the only drawback is the fact that it is too easy to forget I'm packing.
    The caveat being *if you get one that works.

Site Supporter
    For those of you with a P-32:

Be sure to test it loaded with 7+1. If it jams on the first shot when so loaded, replace the factory 9 lb. recoil springs with Wolff 11 lb. recoil springs. The jams occur because the rim of the top cartridge is in the groove of the cartridge below it. The 9 lb. springs will not overcome this condition when the gun is loaded with 7+1, but the 11 lb. springs will overcome it.

Load the magazines carefully to avoid getting the rim of a cartridge behind the rim of the cartridge below it (rimlock).

The best solution to the poor sights is a Crimson Trace LaserGuard.

With the above in mind, I do not know of a better .32 pistol or a better pocket gun for those who do not like recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I have been wearing compression shorts, not because I am doing that much movement, or have that big a package, but to add some elastic to the waistband...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have been wearing compression shorts, not because I am doing that much movement, or have that big a package, but to add some elastic to the waistband...

Thank you for sharing...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    For those of you with a P-32:

Be sure to test it loaded with 7+1. If it jams on the first shot when so loaded, replace the factory 9 lb. recoil springs with Wolff 11 lb. recoil springs. The jams occur because the rim of the top cartridge is in the groove of the cartridge below it. The 9 lb. springs will not overcome this condition when the gun is loaded with 7+1, but the 11 lb. springs will overcome it.

Load the magazines carefully to avoid getting the rim of a cartridge behind the rim of the cartridge below it (rimlock).

The best solution to the poor sights is a Crimson Trace LaserGuard.

With the above in mind, I do not know of a better .32 pistol or a better pocket gun for those who do not like recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Info like this is why I need to start a real p32 thread so we can share all our tricks!

I would advise using hot ammo if you run into other feeding problems. PPU barely cycles the slide on my p32. The only ammo I have experienced rimlock with is Winchester fmj.

The p32 has to be the only modern gun that has an owner's manual that gives the thumbs up to non-SAMMI spec ammo.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List