Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA: Assume Nothing (No Drama Involved)

PSA: Assume Nothing (No Drama Involved)

Lazy day. Hot, humid, chance of thunderstorms. Even after my workout I couldn't get my act together.

Time for the 10 minute walk down to the mailbox on the main road. Grab the dog, the lead and decided to leave the 642 since I was wearing sweat shorts and I thought it might rain.

No drama but on the way back a neighbor stops me on the road and thanks me for telling him about the bear around the other night. He has a six year old daughter and he ended up seeing it the following evening alongside their house.

Then he asks me what's going on? I look at him clueless. He says that when he was driving to pick up his daughter he saw six or eight deputies tearing around our rural subdivision and its gravel roads with lights on. I saw nothing and told him so.

Funny thing is that when I was walking down the mountain to the road I was thinking about Murphy's Law and not having a gun when you needed one, the one time you weren't carrying. Well, for me that might have been today if the deputies were chasing someone desperate enough to try to grab up a hostage, or something similar.

Well, it was an inexpensive wake up call that I shouldn't have needed, especially given my reverie...

Mayberry ain't always Mayberry, and it's better to be prepared than end up regretting the lack of preparation later on.

(Preaching to the choir but sometimes even the choir needs a wake up call.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Do we need to all chip in and buy you an LCP or Seecamp, or NAA mini?

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Baby Browning .25?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Do we need to all chip in and buy you an LCP or Seecamp, or NAA mini?

I'm not pleading poverty, only poor decision making.

642 ain't small enough?

Seecamps were pretty popular with some of the agents in my office in the federal building in NYC in the early 80's. Never bothered getting involved in the group buy.

Time for an NAA Mini in .22 Short? https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22s/

I'm told this is the carry gun of choice for nudists around the country. No "unarmed" excuses with those folks, there can't be any with those of us who wear clothes most of the time either.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Time for an NAA Mini in .22 Short? https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22s/

I'm told this is the carry gun of choice for nudists around the country. No "unarmed" excuses with those folks, there can't be any with those of us who wear clothes most of the time either.
    I'm kind of biased by my former employment rules for off-duty carry. Nothing smaller than .380

I doubt I'll ever carry smaller than my .38...

Now, Sidhe, if you want to chip in and buy me an M&P 340...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm kind of biased by my former employment rules for off-duty carry. Nothing smaller than .380

I doubt I'll ever carry smaller than my .38...

Ohh...

I didn't realize it was a weight issue with you. I thought it was a size issue. I mean, I've never tried, but I ASSumed that trying to insert a J-Frame into the 'ole Prison Purse was fairly difficult.

Too each their own.

The 360PD is pretty cheap. Probably want to bob the hammer off though...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Ohh...

I didn't realize it was a weight issue with you. I thought it was a size issue. I mean, I've never tried, but I ASSumed that trying to insert a J-Frame into the 'ole Prison Purse was fairly difficult.

Too each their own.

The 360PD is pretty cheap. Probably want to bob the hammer off though...
    You must have me confused with one of your keister carrying associates. Academicians...it just doesn't pay to be nice to some folks...sigh.

Seecamps were pretty popular with some of the agents in my office in the federal building in NYC in the early 80's. Never bothered getting involved in the group buy.
    I had one for a while. I’ll say this; the quality would embarrass most makers this side of Dan Wesson. Just a little jewel of a pistol. But cramped, and no sights. That’s why I eventually let it go. Reliable as a stone, though, in its own weird little "stovepipe the last round so you know it’s time for sharps" way.

I’ll trade you a new, no-lock version for two folding knives from your collection... my pick...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

@blues maybe that little episode was a symptom of your approaching senility?

User Tag List