Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    2 things can measure the about same and he totally different.

To start with 2011 mags are fucking huge on their own. Like G21 sized. So if by G19 sizes means 4” ish barrel with a grip Glock 21 girth - then sure. They’re the same.

70mph in a bus....cool

70mph hit by a bus....maybe not so good w
    You’re starting to talk me into an LTT Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    You’re starting to talk me into an LTT Elite.
    I know a guy with an Allegheny arms/LTT modded Wilson 92G hes about to dump.

It’s pretty accurate and fast to reload.

Makes sense. Thanks for educating me.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Considerably more reliable.

But if you're going to carry a honkin' large gun, you might as well get honkin' large amounts of capacity too. No one is chasing a single-stack for a duty gun at this point.

And since you can't use a single-action gun in USPSA Production or Combat Optics - you're going to want lots of capacity for Limited or Open or you're going to opt for .40 in Single Stack (because you get max capacity and major scoring with .40).

Bearing in mind that the STI design is a competition design that is being repurposed now as a duty-grade design, you've got to think about it from the perspective of game rules, not carry.

___

I like my XX11s but I won't pretend like I think they make good duty guns. Why someone wants an exposed hammer gun, with a long spur, a thumb safety, and a grip safety to get all banged around in an exposed holster is a bit of a mystery to me. For specialized units that might need to take high percentage shots with pistols, fine. But everyone else seems like they'd be better served with something else (Glock, M&P, HK LEM, etc).

I know a guy with an Allegheny arms/LTT modded Wilson 92G hes about to dump.

It’s pretty accurate and fast to reload.
    Don’t know anything about Allegheny Arms, but, me interested..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    And since you can't use a single-action gun in USPSA Production or Combat Optics - you're going to want lots of capacity for Limited or Open or you're going to opt for .40 in Single Stack (because you get max capacity and major scoring with .40).
    If you shoot major single stack in USPSA, you can only load 8+1, so you can get max capacity with .45 as well. The cool thing about .40, you can opt to shoot minor (10+1) if the match makes it more advantageous.

@Duke I swear to god if you end up with a stupid archon type B imma blow a fuse...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    @Duke I swear to god if you end up with a stupid archon type B imma blow a fuse...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Honestly I’m exhausted

Archon looks it’s got that weird ass grock grip angle and I’m too retarded to adapt

Honestly I’m exhausted

Archon looks it’s got that weird ass grock grip angle and I’m too retarded to adapt
    Should of just tried an MBX mag or 3 before dumping your hot, flaky, gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Should of just tried an MBX mag or 3 before dumping your hot, flaky, gun.
    I mean

I tagged her, the mom and the sister.

Would nailing her friend too really change anything

Site Supporter

Duty Holster Update

For those of you looking for a duty holster, I got my shipping notification from Copquest last night that my STI holster is coming. It should be here Tuesday, so I can see if it is fitted any better than the M&P holster I am currently using.

User Tag List