Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

I’m one of the odd balls that didn’t like the 2020 Staccato P. I bought it as a combo concealed carry / competition gun. It needs more dehorning especially around the back of the slide. I also found the area where the grip safety and thumb safety comes together to be very sharp.

It’s nit-picky stuff. It’s a fantastic pistol and ran fine for me. Shot flat and very fast. Like others above I like single stacks a lot better.

I think STI has cornered the optics ready market better than Wilson by a long shot.

I think of you want a pure concealed carry gun the EDC X9 is probably a better choice. But it’s a much smaller gun. The Staccato P would excel as a duty gun where the X9 probably wouldn’t.

The Staccato P can be carried concealed with the right holster. Unlike Duke I didn’t jump into finding an appendix holster. It obviously works for him. When Darkstar Gear and JM Custom come out with their holsters it’ll be even easier.

I would really like to own a full size EDC X9 at some point. I think I could carry one as well as I can carry a 34. It could be a true do it all gun. It’s just hard to justify the cost of entry.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Does the T Series work with an optic?
    The new T-Series for our guns works with the 3.9, 4.15, 4.45, 5, 5" compensated, with any optic on the market, or with iron sights only, as well as the x300 u-a/b, and the x400 in level 2 or level 3.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    The new T-Series for our guns works with the 3.9, 4.15, 4.45, 5, 5" compensated, with any optic on the market, or with iron sights only, as well as the x300 u-a/b, and the x400 in level 2 or level 3.
    Where are you getting the T-Series for STI's? When I go to Blackhawk's website, the STI is not an option on the drop-down box. Is it a special order?

Anyone know if the new single stack R grip module will fit one the frame of the double stack? It would be cool to have a pistols that could be a single stack or double stack by just swapping the grip...

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Where are you getting the T-Series for STI's? When I go to Blackhawk's website, the STI is not an option on the drop-down box. Is it a special order?
    I am not seeing STI or 2011 as choices on the Blackhawk website, Amazon or a google search. Anyone have a product number and link?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not seeing STI or 2011 as choices on the Blackhawk website, Amazon or a google search. Anyone have a product number and link?
    I have been resting the prototype for quite awhile. They will be on the market in May.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Anyone know if the new single stack R grip module will fit one the frame of the double stack? It would be cool to have a pistols that could be a single stack or double stack by just swapping the grip...
    Nonit will not, the frames are quite different.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

2011 size comparison nonsense.

This is going around at the moment so let’s be honest.

Calling the 2011 “G19 ish with a longer barrel” is not even close to true.

The 2011 is a huge gun. In every way. And I love them but marketing measuring a slide or barrel and calling it similar sized as something well known and small is not accurate

Name:  215B384D-3E0C-4075-889F-73A6A3423D4B.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  35.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

@Duke, I have to ask, what is with the different colored tape on your grip?
    Oh, and glad to see you back and posting!
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List