Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I hope this is not the case with the Staccato P, as I was led to believe they were reliable out of the box, including the mags?
    It would surprise me If the “gen 2” mags incorporate several small tweaks within the same part number and things are developed.

Recall the first Staccato P was a 4”... actual a 4.15 but then a 4.45 for the new model year.

All of my mags measure .348ish in front and wider at the back.

I believe this done because the feed lips get wider as they are used and dropped and it may be intended as a wearing in process. For my Guns the pinched feeds lips caused bullet nose dive and the DVC-p light slide travel just can’t over come it.

Again I’m told the dvc-p and new XC aren’t “run it dirty and dry” like the duty models.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    You have 30 Gen 2 STI mags?!?! HOLY SHIT.

What tools did you use to tune the mags? Sorry I have no idea how to tune mags. Anticipating I'll need to work on mine. Are you using the steel mag bodies or the teflon coated (black) ones?
    Mag lip pliers from atlas Gunworks or Dawson and calipers

To be fair in my Guns it didn’t matter whether the mags were kept loaded/unloaded, clean and dry or just thrown back in the box. Training mags/ carry mags. All the same in that regard

Name:  06D0928C-30E4-442D-87D6-693CEAA5BBA7.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  62.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Mag lip pliers from atlas Gunworks or Dawson and calipers

To be fair in my Guns it didn’t matter whether the mags were kept loaded/unloaded, clean and dry or just thrown back in the box. Training mags/ carry mags. All the same in that regard

Name:  06D0928C-30E4-442D-87D6-693CEAA5BBA7.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  62.8 KB
    That is an incredible photo and a first for me — I don’t think I have ever seen someone keep their timer in the original box.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That is an incredible photo and a first for me — I don’t think I have ever seen someone keep their timer in the original box.
    3 years and the screen isn’t cracked. Keeps the green button safe from random pressing for good battery life.

Site Supporter
    Fed mine(staccato P duo with delta pro) with Gold Dot G2, Gold Dot 124+P, critical duty 135, Federal american eagle 147, fiocchi 115, Freedom arms 124, and UMC 115 grain. All fed fine. I did notice on the weaker stuff I sometimes had a failure to lock back or a failure to extract if my fingers touched the slide. Those issues seemed to go away after a few hundred rounds. The issues I did have didn't seem to be mag related, just ammo related. The G2, and +P stuff even worked well with my putting pressure on the slide with my fingers. I was using the 17 round DVC coated mags and the 21 round DVC mags and two of the stainless 17 rounders.

I hope this is not the case with the Staccato P, as I was led to believe they were reliable out of the box, including the mags?
    Last edited by rathos; 03-26-2020 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Fed mine(staccato P duo with delta pro) with Gold Dot G2, Gold Dot 124+P, critical duty 135, Federal american eagle 147, fiocchi 115, Freedom arms 124, and UMC 115 grain. All fed fine. I did notice on the weaker stuff I sometimes had a failure to lock back or a failure to extract if my fingers touched the slide. Those issues seemed to go away after a few hundred rounds. The issues I did have didn't seem to be mag related, just ammo related. The G2, and +P stuff even worked well with my putting pressure on the slide with my fingers. I was using the 17 round DVC coated mags and the 21 round DVC mags and two of the stainless 17 rounders.
    I can as well totally stop the slide with inadvertent thumb pressure - especially so in slidelock reloads if I’m careless with my monkey thumb.

Does anyone have one of these new 30% thinner DUO plates for the RMR? Thoughts?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Does anyone have one of these new 30% thinner DUO plates for the RMR? Thoughts?
    JSG share some more info. on those new plates, manufacturer & when did they roll out?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Let’s see that three times in a row!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List